One 3rd Ed - Need to back rev the application

TomTom Model(s)
One 3rd Ed. (5)
Greetings,

I have a one third edition that previously had an application version prior to the 8x revision. It would allow in SDK hack for itinerary planning. Someone updated the application and now the hack won't work. I have versions of the 7x application (7.166 works fine) saved on my computer. Can someone provide instructions for back revving the app?

Many thanks,

Jakman

A link (courtesy of Mikealder of pocketgpsworld.com) is here for reverting from Navcore 8.x back to 8.01.

So, read through it.....mentally substitute your Navcore 7x version when you see reference to 8.01.

Also, ignore the reference to dl the 8.01 cab file since you have the 7.166 Navcore on your unit already..

Before ANYTHING, make a complete backup of your unit's contents using Explorer, not Home and ensure hidden files/folders are showing.

Also be aware that Navcore 8 maps will NOT work with Navcore 7.166

A link (courtesy of Mikealder of pocketgpsworld.com) is here for reverting from Navcore 8.x back to 8.01.

So, read through it.....mentally substitute your Navcore 7x version when you see reference to 8.01.

Also, ignore the reference to dl the 8.01 cab file since you have the 7.166 Navcore on your unit already..

Many thanks for the link you provided. I read through it and find that the file list Mikeadler provides as an example is quite a bit more extensive than what I have in my navcore_7.166.8497.onev6.cab file. Do I have everything I need? I can always download maps after reinstalling 7.166 via home.

Another question. I actually have 5 of these units for my business. All but one have v7.166. Can I create a backup with a good copy and restore to the unit that is bad after formatting it? Is there a serial number issue?

Thanks,

Jakman

Yes, each map is locked to a specific device so sharing backups as such won't work.

If you're concerned that your 7.221 app is not complete then you can get the cab file from this link.

There is a quirk when rolling back the One Third Edittion to get the Itinerary option working, you need to install a specific version of Navcore to the device before going back to the version supplied when the device launched, Have a read of This Thread for some additional information, its only taken me 45 minutes to find it! so annoying when you know the thread exists but cannot find it with a simple search - Mike

one third edition - 7.166 rev installed - now what

I have successfully formatted and installed my one third ed. with v7.166. Now need maps and voices. Tried to install maps from a v7.166 device to no avail. Home is not recognizing my home account login in order to attempt to download from their site. Any suggestions on how to successfully install maps and/or get device to connect to via a different home account?

Thanks,

jakman

You need the v705 map for this to work, its not possible to purchase older maps from TomTom so there is nothing you can do in terms of a legal solution. If itinerary planning is so important to you consider returning the device as unfit for purpose and purchase a more capable hardware - Mike

Yes, I found them in a folder that I saved apparently from when I had a previous issue with the device. I seem to recall that tech support sent me a link to them.

Ask a Question