One 125 latest map?

I too just purchased a model One 125 and know nothing of gps, how do I check to see what version map I have on my TomTom. Thank you.
n8cwr

When you do check your map version, if you have v725.1905, there is a newer version out, v815.2022. For some reason Tomtom Home told me I had the newest version even although I had 725. If that is what you get, you can call customer service at 1-866-486-6866 and they'll get you set. Since you only get one free update in the 30 days, you might want to wait, just in case a new version comes out between now and 30 days after you got yours.

I did the same thing since I got mine for Christmas. They got the s/n and pushed the map to my account. Now if they can get the tomtom home to work with it that would be great

I'm new, so maybe there is some place I'm supposed to go to find this out.

My new One 125 (4EE0.001.02) came with map 725.1905.

I understand that there should be an 815.???? available for it, but HOME says there is no upgrade for my map. (this is after finally successfully loading APP V4 8.041)

Can anyone tell me what is really the latest map for my ONE 125?

How do I get HOME to give it to me?

Richard

I have the same question, and it's almost a month since Christmas. But I don't have time to call TT support if I'm just going to be told I'm outta luck...

Take the time to call (866-486-6866) or you may miss out on the LMG.

Home is quite flakey when the user checks for the LMG that way. Often says you have the latest when you don't.

I can't imagine how many people have missed out because they relied upon that (false) information.

It also looks like the topic is covered in great detail in this thread, which I wish I'd found sooner. I love this forum more and more.

(suggest thread merge?)

Calling now... got a helpful rep right away, no time on hold at all. Told him it was a Christmas present, no receipt... he said "Hmm", implying that there's additional steps required, but he's hopeful that it'll work. Of course, my online registration will show that I started using the unit as soon as I got it out of the box Christmas morning! First thing I did was drive out of town to try it out.

Ok, yay, my updated map is downloading! I don't think it would be appropriate to go into any further details... except for a word to the creeps out there. Don't lie about your six-month-old unit and say you just got it for your birthday or whatever, 'mkay? Seems to me that TomTom could just as easily give a 30-minute guarantee as a 30-day guarantee, and cute tricks like that are just the incentive they'd need to make such an adjustment.

Update: Oops, out of disk space! No wonder I've been having slowdowns. I thought it was just the viruses. :D Lesson: check space before downloading a gig of map data. I had been planning to move it out of the C: drive anyway.

Last edited:
I am NOT able to operate my 125 from my computer using Home ver.2.5.2.60 .
I don't know if this is a problem with the Home software or my device. I also had to call to get the latest map. I think this could be a support problem with the 125. On the TomTom support site, they say you can get Google maps to your 125. I followed the step by step they gave with a response of "device does not yet support feature.

I have the same problem and it was corrected by following this link just make sure you have your contacts wrote down as it will delete them as this is what they wrote back

This issue is being caused by the 8.014 application that is installed on your device. This application update allows use of the RDS-TMC antenna accessory. If you do not currently have this accessory, or you are not planning to purchase this accessory in the near future we recommend following the steps below to remove and replace this application. However, if you do have this accessory, or wish to use it in the near future removing this application version will prevent you from doing so.

We offer step by step instructions on our website that will guide you through removing this application and installing a different application. Please click on the link below to view the information. If you are unable to click on the link, please copy and paste it into your internet browser.

http://www.tomtom.com/9091

I have the same problem and it was corrected by following this link just make sure you have your contacts wrote down as it will delete them as this is what they wrote back

Just learned another new thing from these forums. Thanks. I did it, wasn't hard, and now I can operate my 125 from Tomtom Home.

Ugh, I tried it and yeah, it worked... but the interface is so much better in the newer version. I'd rather live without the "operate from my computer" feature than miss out on the new interface while driving! Definitely good to know that it's possible, though.

I'll do a (manual) back up of the unit so I can get the old version back if I want to play with it later, but then I'm going back to the current application.

Hmmm, now that's strange. The downgrade took me to ver 7.522, but the upgrade only brought me back up to 8.010, not 8.014. And yay, the "operate from my computer" function *does* work.

Now, Home is suggesting I install "RDS-TMC Supplier Info" -- a "tiny" 1k update. I think I'll wait and see if there's any feedback on the forums about whether installing that will bump my version up to 8.014 and/or disable my "operate from computer" function.

Surely there's a thread for this already... I'm pulling "One 125 latest map" a bit far off-topic.

Ask a Question