One 125 latest map?

TomTom Model(s)
ONE 125
When can I expect TT to support the TT ONE 125?

I bought a TT ONE 125 a week ago. When I hooked it to the computer, it updated the app version and a quick fix, but my maps are still behind. I have United_States v725.1905. TT Home does not find an 815.xxx version. Has anyone spoken with TT support and gotten an idea when we can expect a map update? I have 25 days of free updates and it's not really fair that it's likely my free update will expire before I can update.

Exactly as DHN says. My mom bought a 125 and brought it to my house for me to setup for her. Using home the LMG said no newer map was available. The installed map was 725. I called and they put a 815 map in her account.

Another note. A friend bought a GO 720 from Best Buy last night for $172.00 (new). She brought it over and the same problem, it had a 710 map and LMG said there were no newer maps available. What a crock.

I called and drove 33 miles while on hold waiting to talk to someone. Lisa answers and I explain my problem. She tells me I have to mail in my proof of purchase and she'll add the new map to my TT Home account. I remembered someone, maybe you ezerholden, saying they had gotten support to add the map over the phone. She put me on hold for a couple minutes, came back and asked me to read off the serial number. Holy Crap! I'm 59 and my eyes aren't what they used to be.... I did the best I could and she put me on hold again. When she came back, she sid the map was on my account. I haven't tried to d'load it yet because Home is installed on the wife's computer 'cause I run Linux.
I've backed up to disk and I'll give it a shot tonight.
Thanks for your help.

Exactly as DHN says. My mom bought a 125 and brought it to my house for me to setup for her. Using home the LMG said no newer map was available. The installed map was 725. I called and they put a 815 map in her account.

Another note. A friend bought a GO 720 from Best Buy last night for $172.00 (new). She brought it over and the same problem, it had a 710 map and LMG said there were no newer maps available. What a crock.

Like both said, call them. I just did. I was on hold for a very long time, but I had a very friendly, helpful agent who added the new map to my account. She also spoke highly of these forums. I mentioned to her that I had bought a 125 for my son and she reminded me to call him and let him know to call for the update.

I haven't tried to d'load it yet because Home is installed on the wife's computer 'cause I run Linux.

Excellent. I am a linux user also. I run windows in vmware for work software and have home installed there. I am curious, how long have you been using linux? I started using linux in December 2002. Tried all the various flavors and spent most of my time with debian or debian offshoots untill finally stumbling on gentoo in 2006 and have been using it since.

I've been A Linux user since 96. I abandoned Mr Gates totally in 2000 (except at work). I started with SUSE and Redhat. I tried Debian but could never get it running. I ran ELX for a couple years and when they went belly up, I installed Gentoo. My Gentoo is woefully out of date, but I update as needed these days.

$ uname 2.6.15-gentoo-r1 Fri Jan 27 12:38:49 EST 2006

KDE 3.5.7

The map update went flawlessly. I now show Map: United_States v815.2022

I called Customer Service this morning. I asked for the 815.xxxx map, as it came loaded with the 725.xxxx. I was put on hold for a couple minutes. When he came bake he asked when I purchased the 125, then for the serial number. The 815.xxxx update was sent to my account. The phone call took all of 5 minutes, then 30 minutes to do the upgrade.

I was very pleased when how easy it was.

Can I just email them? I don't want to sit in front of my computer while waiting for someone to pick up the call. This is stupid. Their software should know that you're a legit user and let you download the upgrade without going through all this trouble.

Normally, TT requires proof of purchase, You can add a scanned pdf of your receipt to an email and send it but calling is much the preferred method. A couple of minutes on the line with a live support person who can add the map to your account while you are on the phone is the better way.

After all, once the map IS added to your account, how to do expect to get it if not sitting in front of the computer.

But, it's your choice.

Can I just email them? I don't want to sit in front of my computer while waiting for someone to pick up the call. This is stupid. Their software should know that you're a legit user and let you download the upgrade without going through all this trouble.

Why would you have to sit in front of your computer to make the call? Call from anywhere, all they will ask for is your serial number from the bottom of the unit. Once they have that, they will add the map to your account. No need to be at the computer at all, until you decide to actually do the update. Update will take 30 minutes or so depending on your broadband.

Now that they added the new map to my account, there's a message on TT Home that latest map guarantee doesn't apply to my account. Anyone else see this? I should still have the gaurantee through 1/27/09

I have updated the map, but I'm thinking that I should still be able to get subsiquent versiond through the end of my 30 days.

If you say so, but I was under the impression that you got all map updates issued in the first 30 days. Realisticly, there will not likely be another update that soon, but, if there is one, I feel I'm entitled from what I was told when I bought the unit.

operate my one

I am NOT able to operate my 125 from my computer using Home ver.2.5.2.60 .
I don't know if this is a problem with the Home software or my device. I also had to call to get the latest map. I think this could be a support problem with the 125. On the TomTom support site, they say you can get Google maps to your 125. I followed the step by step they gave with a response of "device does not yet support feature.

I called Customer Service this morning. I asked for the 815.xxxx map, as it came loaded with the 725.xxxx. I was put on hold for a couple minutes. When he came bake he asked when I purchased the 125, then for the serial number. The 815.xxxx update was sent to my account. The phone call took all of 5 minutes, then 30 minutes to do the upgrade.

I was very pleased when how easy it was.

First, thanks to the original poster for bringing this to my attention. I just assumed that TomTom Home would automatically tell me if my unit had the latest map using the guarantee. Well, it didn't, and the idential thing is happening to me.

I called tech support on Saturday afternoon, and only had to wait about 10 minutes on hold. The girl who answered was just *convinced* that my laptop had downloaded the latest map, but hadn't transfered it to my TomTom. So she e-mailed me instructions on how to unzip the file and install. Well, there was no zip file on my computer that had to do with TomTom.

So, I replied to the support message in my TomTom account, and attached a scanned copy of my receipt and sent it off. It was several hours before their tech support dept closed for the rest of the weekend, but no reply yet. Hopefully Monday they will send the newest map to my account. I am going to call them every day until it happens... I don't want to miss out on the free new map.

Update 1-16-2009. TomTom didn't reply to my weekend e-mail so I called them on Monday afternoon and asked for a status. They then added the map to my download and I'm all updated.

Last edited:
New user question

I too just purchased a model One 125 and know nothing of gps, how do I check to see what version map I have on my TomTom. Thank you.
n8cwr

I too just purchased a model One 125 and know nothing of gps, how do I check to see what version map I have on my TomTom. Thank you.
n8cwr

tap the right lower corner. you will see a screen with battery indicator, signal strength and coordinate location on the right side. Right below that is a smaller box that tells you the firmware version #. Tap that box and you get another screen that gives you the map version as well.

Ask a Question