Older Versions of Home.

Me again...haha

Anyway where can I get older versions of TomTom Home?

I updated when TomTom Home asked me too (like an idiot, everyone was working good I dont know why I did that). And Operate my XL worked, but in version 2.6 it works, and comes up but doesnt let you change anything. Click on the virtual TomTom basically does nothing. You are just looking at a picture that you can not interact with...

So I'd like to roll back to the last 2.5 version of TomTom Home so I can get this feature working again....

I see where TomTom gets the horrible rep for having horrible software design/support now that I own one.

The feature Operate my XL didnt work in 2.4. Just after the last update of 2.5 did it work....Then on to 2.6 it doesnt work again but it doesnt work differently. In 2.4 and early versions of 2.5 it told me the device or operating system is not yet supported. Then 2.5 it started working after some sort of update (its been awhile I cant remember which). 2.6 however is bugged its not working accidentally, the screen pops up but you cant click on it. Its not frozen because you can click "done" and back out of operate my XL but you can actually operate the XL.

I was told I could downgrade my GPS's software from 8.014 to something else and it would work in certain versions maybe 2.4 but I had 2.5 working with 8.014 just long enough to make a password then the software was updated now I cant remove the password feature.

You may ask why I want to remove the password feature after I just set it up. Well sometimes when I start it, it ask for my password, then it makes me agree to that dont kill myself while driving agreement, then it ask for my password again, then makes me agree again, password again, agree again, password again, agree again.

See where I'm going with that. And its not stuck in a loop eventually it pops out of it.

I want to disable the password feature before it does get stuck in it. But I cant get into operate my XL.

I think all the bugs I have had even though they are software related will qualify me for some sort of return policy at Best Buy. Obviously when the guy behind the counter tries to log in and the password gives him a fit like it gives me the unit will be deemed defective? I thought a few updates and everything would be a-ok. But with new updates come new problems. It was working better with the original maps, and original home then it is now with TomTom's updated stuff....

I guess some is partically my fault for setting up a password. But if there are problems with the password feature it shouldnt be active at all....IMO

Last edited:

Ask a Question