Ok to skip map udate

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom XL-335TM; Map 935.5811
Maybe a strange question...

I've been really busy and haven't had time to update my TT to the latest map. Is it okay to skip this one and wait till next map update? It takes almost 2 hours to complete the new map download and I just don't have the time (or interest??) in doing this right now.

Or... will I be forced to update to this one anyway before the next one can be downloaded and installed? I'm not planning on traveling for some time so not important to me right now.

Thanks.

Assuming you do not have a subscription.
I believe sbscriptions are good for a specified number of releases wether or not you download an update.

I can't believe that. We all know that you do not really need to update every three months; once a year is enough. So if I took out a 4+2 subscription offer and only down loaded once a year, would that really last 6 years? I think it is time limited.

Assuming you do not have a subscription.
I believe sbscriptions are good for a specified number of releases wether or not you download an update.
Rick has a 335TM, so he isn't limited in the number of updates he will receive. The "M" is for "lifetime maps".

Thanks for the replies.

As Canderson said, I have 'life-time' maps on my device. Just wanted to make sure I didn't have to do sequential map updates and it would still work if I skipped one of the maps offered.

Thanks again. :)

@RickF: There's absolutely no problem in skipping a map or two.

@Wyvern: I think Hamilb was saying the subscription is for a specified number of releases from a certain date (but that there's no harm in missing one).
So you're agreeing with eachother. :)

Yeah but look at our lovely climate....

No sunstroke worries HERE mate!

Yeah but look at our lovely climate....

No sunstroke worries HERE mate!
Not true!

When I was young, I worked in England one summer on a student exchange program. I still remember my amusement at the LARGE headline on the front page of one of the newspapers at the time of the tennis matches:

Thermometer touches 88!

Dozens faint at Wimbledon!

- Tom -

PS: I originally wrote "Hundreds" above, but after sleeping on it I remembered that the newspaper actually only said "Dozens"

Last edited:
All our best ceremonial stuff has lots of fainting. Probably because they wear clothing designed for 1760 when the climate was a lot colder.

I'm going to skip the latest map update (905.xxxx) as I think the next one is due out fairly soon – like early to mid June. Not been doing much traveling lately.

Old thread, Rick! Unless the previous late release of 905 has screwed up the schedule, the 910 map should be made available in mid/late May - soon!

Ask a Question