Offroad Navigator Map Glitch??

Offroad Navigator 1.6b2 on TomTom One v4

Hope this explanation is clear -

I have just begun to experiment with using maps with Offroad Navigator on my TomTom. I have only one map installed in Offroad Navigator. When I enter a coordinate to locate into Offroad Navigator that is in the maps region, the map displays as it should showing my current location and my target location. If I travel outside the region of the map though (with this same target coordinate entered which resides inside the region of the map) then Offroad Navigator quits and I am dumped back out into the normal TomTom road maps.

I was assuming that Offroad Navigator would switch back to its default background if I left the maps region - even if the coordinate I am seeking is inside the region of the map.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any thoughts for a fix?

Thanks - I will keep my eye open for a new version n the future. In the mean time, I took a suggestion from another user in the YourNav forum and created a blank map covering a larger area (like the entire state) and placed it at the bottom of the list in the config file. Now it is working just fine.

It would be nice to have an option to be able to turn maps on and off. Right now I am using the TTExplorer utility to rename the config.map file to config.mapx which in essence turns them off. The reason for turning them off is because when the night time color scheme kicks in, the colors do not always work well with the maps like they did with the day color scheme.

Thanks for the great plugins!

Ask a Question