Offroad Maps Question

TomTom Model(s)
ONE 3rd Ed., ONE some other ed.
I've gotten Offroad Navigator v1.7b to work on my One V2 after rolling back the firmware on my second SD card. It works excellent actually! It refreshes rapidly and using it with a destination point, I was able to navigate to it with good precision.

But the maps thing has me completely confused. How do you see the maps?

Here's what I did: I went into Google Earth and made a 320 x 240 image to use as a map. It's basically the vicinity of my house. I made a "favorite" that is just at the other side of my map area (but on the map)

My first confusion was where to put the map(s). When I installed Offroad, there wasn't an offroad/maps folder, so, I made one. I used the instructions on Le Web Bazar to make a config.map which I put in the offroad/maps folder. I even used the right path in the config.maps file.

But I do not see the map. Is it supposed to be on the Offroad Navigation screen, right, as the background? I tried looking all over the place, but do not see the map I made.
What might I have done wrong?

You need 2 folders under the offroad folder. One is called "images" (that is where the map images go) and one called "maps" (where the config.map file goes). Make sure you change the file extension of the config file from ".txt" to ".map"

Thanks for the response XR650L. If I select the map as my background it now shows up on the screen as a background.

So, it's just a picture of the map. From the discription on "Le Web Bazar" I was under the impression that it would automatically go to the appropriate map for my coordinates, as opposed to me having to manually change the background picture whenever I want to see something different. Also, the site claims that it's supposedly going to indicate my position and my waypoint position on the map if they are within the map coordinates - hence the reason for bothering with the config.map file. So, basically the "map" is just there. If I select the map for where I am, it displays on the background, but it doesn't update to the next appropriate map when my coordinates move to that appropriate map. Maybe I lost something in the translation. Or maybe this version doesn't do that. Or not on a One V2. The rest of it works.

I think I'll put this to rest for now. It doesn't do what I had hoped it would, but that's fine... The Tomtom OneV2 is great for on-the-road navigation, which is why I had bought it.

No, no! It really does work as advertised! I have several (about 30) very detailed maps that switch to the correct one baised on where the cursor is. The thing to watch for is making sure the order of map listings in the config file has all the high zoom maps listed first, and the lower resolution maps listed last. Once the background moves off of the high zoom map to a lower zoom map, it does not want to switch back to a high zoom map even if it is available. When that happens O reset off road and force it to start up again. It does work, but it is a little tricky!

Ask a Question