[OFFICIAL] New Maps!!

Found several improvements although one had a left turn go right but ended up in the correct place. Have an airport with no name that seems a little odd. Like the exit indicators.

The difference between NA and USA/CA maps

I recived an email from TomTom on the question I asked on the difference between the two maps in the latest DVD. Here is the answer: The map of Puerto Rico is included with the North American map. Also, the North American map contains more POI's and POI categories.

I received my new maps on DVD yesterday. Here is what I noticed:
1. My TTOne takes a little bit longer to boot up, I get a gray screen first before it shows the map.

2. It seems to take a lot longer to get a GPS signal

3. Yes, there are tons of POI's in the NA (1.4GB) map, even the little produce market by my house is listed. Pretty awesome.

4. The map details (graphics) are the same.

Here's what I've noticed with mine:

My TT ONE takes just a bit longer to boot up, I too get that grey screen for a few seconds.

I used to see the little TT splash screen upon startup. Now I see the grey screen for a few seconds, then straight to the map.

I think this is very strange! How can I get the splash screen back?

Ok, here's what I noticed. I didn't have a splash.bmp file. So I went back and copied over the old one. It worked, I see the splash screen... BUT.... it takes ALOT longer to boot up with the splash screen than it does without. I may end up removing it again and going back to the grey screen of nothing....

Got my dvd today, whoo hoo. man, loading the north america map takes FOREVER!

Can't wait to check it out when it's done.

I ordered my new maps on Jan 8th. The DVD arrived today but the disk is split. Shit. Looks like I will have to call tech support and request another one.

aaauuuggghhh......

That does suck. I've read somewhere else where someone received a faulty disk and TomTom sent them another one ASAP. The challenge now will be to get them on the phone with you. Good luck!

I ordered my new maps on Jan 8th. The DVD arrived today but the disk is split. Shit. Looks like I will have to call tech support and request another one.

aaauuuggghhh......
omg.. you got yours in 10 days? I'm still waiting for mine. I ordered it back in December!

Nextourer, contact them, they should send a replacment even if the original arrives late. I received mine last week. I just finished updating my maps and my custom POIs and favorites are still there :).

910 new maps installed ok after error

Ordered the maps last Thursday - got them yesterday - pretty quick considering the weekend in the middle.

Bit confusing as the other posts mention, but after reading them I installed the North America maps and satellite imagery.

Unpacking completed ok, then it started to installed but got an error after about 14%. I clicked done and restarted - it went through all the way this time automatically removing the old map. Has anyone with a 910 had a clean install?

Discovered a new road in my subdivision - a bit weird - it's one of the empty lots that developers like to call a 'wildflower garden' - read overgrown eyesore! So now the 910 shows 'Wildflower Lane' - ok then :)

Still perusing the tomtom sites and forums for news of the European updates - if anyone has any news on this I'd appreciate it?

Cheers.

bah... TT doesn't like Canadians lol. I still haven't gotten my DVD and no e-mails yet. I think I should take fanchee's advice and call.

Geez, Nextourer, I can't believe it's taking this long! You ordered about the same time as me, and I've had mine for a couple of weeks now. I know there's a delay in shipping to Canada, but come on, TT!

Hope you get them soon!

Yes I have a 910 and had a clean install. First I made a back up. I just deleted the original north america map by using home. I just selected it when you expore your TT and select the map and press delete.
Then inserted the DVD, Home picked it up right away and selected North America and installed. My custom POIs and map settings were still funcational. I also had no problems with my custom menu.

Nextourer, contact them, they should send a replacment even if the original arrives late. I received mine last week. I just finished updating my maps and my custom POIs and favorites are still there :).
Update.

Well, they e-mailed me back. Here's their response.

Thank you for contacting TomTom regarding the mapping DVD you ordered. We are happy to help! At this time, if you were one of the people who ordered it in the first week, it is taking 4 weeks to get that shipment. This is due to such an overwhelming response to that request. We apologize for the frustration of this matter.

Thank you again for taking the time to make us aware of this matter. Have a great day! Please feel free to also contact us by phone. We are available between the hours of 8:30 AM and 7:00 PM EST, Monday through Friday. Our phone number is:

1-866-486-6866

With best regards,

Michelle and The TomTom Team

The problem is, it's already 4 weeks! And why do people who ordered it in the first week wait 4 weeks but those who ordered it last week get it today?

Hmmm, that makes no sense. They probably have some strange sort of fulfillment process in which the first batch of orders are still in a wait-list while orders placed today go right through.

Hope you get it soon. IMO it's worth the wait.

Ask a Question