Obvious Newbie Question

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom One V2 7.161
Hi All!

I downloaded a few poi files in excell format. Is there a way for me to convert them into OV2 format? Or what is the procedure to get these installed onto my ONE.

Thanks!

yes there is. First download and install POIedit from www.poiedit.com

Column A is the Longitude and B is the Latitude. Column C is the description of the POI.
You can only have these 3 column and click on File and select 'Save As'.
Next change the 'Save as type' to CSV (Comma delimited).
Then, open POI edit. Click on the Tools tab on top and selec 'Batch Convert'.
Make sure your source directory is where you have the CSV file. and select your destination directory.
On the left hand side make sure the source format is Garmin Comma Seperated(*.csv). Make sure that the right side (destination format) is selected to TomTom Binary (*.ov2).
When complete, select Convert and you'r done!

If you have any problems, you can also email me the file and I'll convert it for you.

Hi All!

I downloaded a few poi files in excell format. Is there a way for me to convert them into OV2 format? Or what is the procedure to get these installed onto my ONE.

Thanks!

In POI Edit, under the TOOLS heading, you'll find BATCH CONVERT - use it to convert .csv files into .ov2 files and vice versa.

ML

WOW....thank you VERY much for your assistance fellas!!! What a helpful place this is! You guys are great!!!

Holy Crap! It worked!!! Thanks so much! Is this the normal routine for creating your own poi files? Or is there an easier way to do it?

There are many different ways.
I know users may use Google Earth and plot their points on the map then save their work as a .kml file then convert it.

Ask a Question