NPR stations POI

TomTom Model(s)
910 w iPod & Razr connections
NPR stations

This contains tower locations for 1,399 National Public Radio stations, their repeaters and translators, although translator and repeater locations are not linked to their parent station. Tower location data came from the FCC, the station list from NPR. The list was prepared by a team of three of us working through the poi-factory.com site. Additions, deletions or comments can be addressed to me or the team's new name, "The Radio Guys" at poi-factory.com. I'll also upload POIs for Christian, jazz and classical music stations as soon as I can create icons.

Attachments

• NPR POI 021107(1399).zip
    18.9 KB · Views: 676
Last edited:
I can get from point A to point B pretty well without a GPS. I can find my way around construction zones, I can find a gas station and a restaurant, I can get pretty much anywhere with Google Maps before I go and Rand McNally on the road. But being able to find the local NPR station? That's been impossible. This is going to be the greatest road trip accessory ever.

One problem, though: the icon seems to be broke. I'm getting a red square. I don't see why -- the .bmp is 22x22, 24-bit color, 1452 bytes, just like an icon from another POI set that works just fine. Maybe the file got corrupted while copying -- I'll poke around on it later.

Make sure the .bmp file is named EXACTLY the same as the associated .ov2 file, case sensitive, etc.

Also, check whether your bmp is 24 bit colour.

Make sure the .bmp file is named EXACTLY the same as the associated .ov2 file, case sensitive, etc.

Also, check whether your bmp is 24 bit colour.

That's it -- I just copied the .ov2 and the .bmp from the .zip file without considering that. There's npr.bmp, and NPRv021107(1399).ov2. Now, to decide which file name to use. :)

It works perfectly now. Thanks!

Don't forget, whatever you call the files will show as the poi catecory on your unit.

Just wanted to check in and report continued success with the NPR POI file. I would have never found the NPR station in Waco, which is not in the usual area below 92Mhz, without its help. Thanks!

Ask a Question