not sure, if i should keep my new tt one 3rd edition

hi,
i just bought the tt one 3rd edition on black friday. it looked like a good deal to me. and because of the returning policy i now have time to consider, if i should keep it or not.
and so i need your help!

i'm moving back to germany, so that i'll need to get the maps from europe. is it possible to exchange the maps? or can i just share the maps with my boyfriend who already has a tt 910 with all maps from west europe?
and i would like to buy the rds-tmc traffic receiver to get traffic warnings while driving.

i don't need all the other features from the bigger ones like ipod-compability, hearing music, download pictures, etc.

but if i'll have to buy the maps and the traffic reciever i could rather buy a bigger one.

so what do you think? should i stick to the tt one or should i return it. and when i do so, which one would you recommend?

thanx for your help,

mexicangirl

Hello and welcome! The ONE v3 has limited space.

If you are planning to travel between Europe and North America I suggest the ONE with the SD card slot (ONE v2 or LE) if there are any available. If there are no more, the ONE XL should have a SD card slot. The XL is the same as the ONE, it just has a 4" screen.

With this method you can purchase the Europe maps and install it in an extra SD card.

Good Luck.

Without the ONE with the SD slot, you would need to backup your USA maps on your PC and install the European maps instead.

It will be somewhat of a hassle, but the TomTom maps a very inexpensive, so if cost is an issue then you may want to hold on to it.

Make sure you make a backup of your device on CD or another medium as if your PC crashes there is no way to get them back.

I got my ONE on a pre-back friday promotion from Amazon for $119, which is a steal, and I took it even if we have a Garmin Nuvi 250W as well (which I happen to like a lot), as the Garmin charges an arm and a leg for the European maps.

Ask a Question