Not showing route before beginning journey

TomTom Model(s)
Classic XXL
Hi just wondered if anyone could help.

When I enter my destination, it doesn't really show me what cities/towns we will be passing through on the way to my destination. It just says the first instruction. Basically before beginning a journey I want to know the route beforehand so I can decide if that's the way I want to go as then if I don't want to go that way I can press alternative route...even when I zoom out it says road names but not towns/cities we will be passing through. Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

Also wondered if it is possible to make it travel via a particular A road(s) or motorway of your choice? As when I press travel via only options seem to be POI, Address etc. But nothing says Motorway/A road?

Hope someone can help. Thanks. I have an XXL Classic.

Isn't one option to travel via a point on the map? That's where you can zoom in and select a specific roadway.

Thanks for your reply. I tried that but the map is absolutely rubbish. It won't let me move it around and even when I zoom out I can't find what i'm looking for.

When I enter my destination, it doesn't really show me what cities/towns we will be passing through on the way to my destination. It just says the first instruction.
That is the nature of the beast.
All PND will try to route you on the fastest way to your DESTINATION.

Basically before beginning a journey I want to know the route beforehand so I can decide if that's the way I want to go as then if I don't want to go that way I can press alternative route...
The answer for that is Google maps.
I usually plan out any major trip on Google as it shows the lay of the land and is very good for time and distances, on average.

Also wondered if it is possible to make it travel via a particular A road(s) or motorway of your choice?
Unfortunately, only the opposite is available, namely the AVOIDANCE of motorways.

As said, most of the time the device does a good job getting you to the final destination.

In advanced settings, you can turn on route summary, which shows you an overview of the whole route. Tomtom added the ability to pan/zoom on that screen in the 2013 models, but not the XXL classic.

As a workaround, go back to the menu and go to browse map. It will show you a map where you can pan and zoom, and In that screen you can see your route highlighted.

Ask a Question