Not picking up cameras

TomTom Model(s)
Tom Tom start 60
Had my first run with my tom tom 60 but it did not pick up any speed cameras,is there something not switched on. .?

What is the application on your device?

Settings-->Me and my device-->About my Device.

It says. Safety alerts but does not show pic of camera it's just got boxes which you tick eg. Warn me of school crossings , warn me of speeds over ? Etc but no mention of enable warnings when approaching speed cameras

DHN was asking about the software version on your device.....

If you have the speed camera service on the unit, then it should be accessed from the "Services" section of the main menu.
On mine that gives two sub-menus - "Traffic" and "Speed cameras".

On entering the speed cameras menu, there should be 4 sections. The second one is for "Alert settings", which allows you to set up a warning sound and distance for every camera type (so there should be a long list including "Fixed cameras" "Mobile cameras" etc.)

To the right of that should be an icon called "Enable Alerts" or "Disable Alerts".

Those labels indicate what happens if you press the icon NOW, so for the alerts to be switched on it should read "Disable alerts" when you come to that menu screen.

If things are not as I describe, then you somehow do not have the Camera data installed, so report back with what you see.

DHN was asking about the software version on your device.....

If you have the speed camera service on the unit, then it should be accessed from the "Services" section of the main menu.
On mine that gives two sub-menus - "Traffic" and "Speed cameras".

On entering the speed cameras menu, there should be 4 sections. The second one is for "Alert settings", which allows you to set up a warning sound and distance for every camera type (so there should be a long list including "Fixed cameras" "Mobile cameras" etc.)

To the right of that should be an icon called "Enable Alerts" or "Disable Alerts".

Those labels indicate what happens if you press the icon NOW, so for the alerts to be switched on it should read "Disable alerts" when you come to that menu screen.

If things are not as I describe, then you somehow do not have the Camera data installed, so report back with what you see.
Fantastic, now solved the problem,thanks to you

Ask a Question