Not new to GPS, but an new owner of a 930

TomTom Model(s)
I have been using gps products for over 10 years.
I have been Garnim owner for most and still am.
But I decided to get the TOMTOM 930 and for the
couple hours I have just used the product it seems quite
good. I am very impressed with all the features it has and
will be testing the TOMTOM 930 out in the next few months.

I am glad that there is this wonderful forum for the TOMTOM.

Thanks.

Be sure to use your Latest Map Guarantee (tomtom.com/7954) within your 30 day grace period.

Last edited:
Which brings up a question, NecoSino.....

Why does it seem NA x20 and x30 users are given a harder time getting updates for both maps than European owners of the same units?

Be sure to use your Latest Map Guarantee (tomtom.com/7954) within your 30 day grace period. 2 maps have been released since the 930 came out, they are the version 8.10 maps. You are entitled to the North America AND Western/Central Europe maps. If you only given one, be sure to call into support for the other!
The current maps are 810.xxxx. If LMG only upgrades one and tells you the other is up-to-date, check the .pna file in the corresponding NA and W&CE map folder (Open with TXT) and see if they are 810 maps.

If not, and before you call, get yourself a 4 GB SDHC card, make sure you have a MyTomTom account established at their web site and you have a scanned copy of your bill of sale on your computer.
They will ask you to create a Support question named POP (for proof of purchase), attach your scan and send. They will then credit your account with the new map so you can download ith with HOME.

Ask a Question