Image0079.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 737
  • Image0080.jpg
    Image0080.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 628
  • Image0081.jpg
    Image0081.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 628
I originally wanted to glue the bracket to the dash but my loctite didnt do the trick and I didnt want to waste money on several adhesives trying to find a suitable one. If anyone could name the adhesive I need that would be handy next time as a friend wants me to do the same.

Would also like to colour the screw black and maybe the bracket, if anyone could recommend a product that would be great.

Now that I see how much of the original "stem" you have left, I think you did the right thing by anchoring it mechanically. There's not enough square area remaining that I'd trust any glue. In fact, I hope you reinforced the back side with a nice fat washer where you've put the screw!

Quite neat, for the head of the screw I would use a black indelible marker pen and build up a few coatings to get rid of the cad plate screw coating and leave the rest alone, quite often you will find paints attack the plastic the TomTom attachment is made from so tread very carefully if you decide to paint it - Mike

I thought locktite was only for screws, unless there is a glue version that I didn't know about. I've left a drop of locktite out and it never dried. It stayed wet unless there are 2 surfaces very tight together. Same with both the blue and red versions.

I do like the setup though. It looks nice. I hope it holds since the TomTom does weigh quite a bit. Also, any vibrations or bumps on the road will multiply that TomTom's weight.

Last edited:

Ask a Question