Not enough space on device

TomTom Model(s)
Tom Tom Go 510
New boy here although I've had Tom Tom in various forms for a number of years.
I currently have a Go 510.
I had an e-mail from TT today regarding a new map (UK/RI).
Opened TT Go which downloaded a number of safety map updates together with the updated UK/RI map until it came to the "Install to memory card" option when a message came ut saying that there wasn't enough spacve on my device to add the item and that I needed to remove 18.5MB.
I've explored the card and the only really big file is the map which has aboit 195mb, nearly everything else is smallish in terms of size.
1) Can I safely delete the map file from the card?
2) Is it telling me that all the updated map & safety camera files have not been downloaded or is it just the last safety file before reaching the install to memory card option?
3) Do I need to purchase a new, larger SD card?

I'm confused then. My understanding is that for that model, everything (maps, application, voices, etc..) has to be run from either internal or a sd card. One the size you showed wouldn't have been enough to cover even the original data.

Sure you weren't seeing just the free space on that card?

A Go-510 was supplied with a 256MB SD card, it will support any decent speed SD memory card up to and including 2GB in capacity. There is no internal Flash storage on a 510.

For the UK&ROI maps I would suggest you get a new memory card of 512MB, copy everything from the old card to the new one then update your maps and you won't have an issue with capacity - Mike

Thanks Mike and dhn for the advice.

I'll get a larger SD card as suggested and give it a go.

Ask a Question