Not Enough Space for Map Update?

TomTom Model(s)
ONE 130S
Hi folks! I bought a ONE 130S a week ago and tried to update the map using TomTom's latest map guarantee. TomTom HOME did find a newer USA & CANADA map, however after spending about 40 min downloading the map, it simply told me there was not enough space on my device to install the map.
Any idea what could be done to get the latest map to install?

You might try this. Connect your unit to your computer. It will show up in Windows Explorer as an external hard drive. The map folder is easy to identify because of its name.

Copy the whole folder to your computer hard drive. You can now delete it from the TomTom. This will make room for the new map.

Tried it and it worked. Though I lost all my favorites by deleting the map folder. Then I didn't have a lot favs to begin with, it wasn't too much pain to re-key them in. Thanks a lot!

your favorities are saved in a file called mapsettings.cfg inside the map folder. anytime you add or change maps, you can simply dump this file back into the new map folder on the unit, provided of course you have made a backup on your hard drive before making any changes.

I thought about doing this but was afraid there might be compatibility issues between the old cfg file and the new map. May try this out when I get new map next time. It won't be soon though. Thanks for the advice anyway.

Ask a Question