North America Maps won't uncompress...

TomTom Model(s)
One V2, GO 720, GO 2505
Trying to do the 2 GB card with my new DVD from TomTom and gets to 70% on the NA maps and chokes. Says it can't uncompress files. I tried to copy them all to my hard drive and they copied fine, but Home won't let me try to transfer from there.

So I have app and voices and sat image on card, but no maps....... AAARRRHHHH!!!!!

You're running windows I assume? I would verify the cabs aren't corrupt. Try to open them with windows explorer. If they seem fine and you want to try it... I still have my DVD on my server, I can give you a link to download my NA Maps...maybe it's the files that are corrupt?

Must be my home PC DVD drive doesn't like the DVD.

I loaded it on my laptop and tried it again and worked fine. Just need to make a backup on home PC and all should be good. Thanks for your offer Battom.

I copied the entire DVD to my hard drive, changed the TOC files (as per a post by battom), pointed HOME to that directory, and ran everything off the HD. those dual layer DVDs can exhibit alot of seeking.

Ask a Question