Nokia E71 and No Bluetooth

My Nokia E71 will not connect with my 720 [ver 8.531]. Both the phone and the TT tell me I am connected, but when I try to make a call I get the "Phone not connected" message.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the phone from the TT and TT from the phone. Phone says I am paired; TT initially says I am connected -- until I want to make a call.

Anyone? Bueller?

I have exactly the same problem, with the same phone. Now it just keeps flashing the display on tomtom saying phone connected then phone disconnected. very annoying. Any Ideas much appreciated

Went to my service provider and to the place where I bought the TomTom . . . both uninstalled and reinstalled [as if I haven't tried that a dozen times] with no luck.Phone works on the 630 and 7301 . . . I guess they just aren't compatable.

I do manage to recieve calls, just can't send them without the aforementioned connect/disconnect/connect/disconnect rot.

I'm about to start playing around and "installing" other Nokia phones [well, after I call Nokia].

Well, here or there [momcat's post]? Since I started the thread, here I guess.

Finally gave up with the 720. TTs tech guy said that the E71 is not -- definitely not -- able to be paired with the 720. Not only that, but that no TomTom will work with my provider [Rogers] -- which is funny, because I know people with Rogers phones who have TomToms.

Makes me seriously think of going over the the dark side.

Picked up a 630 -- if I can't get it to work tonight I'll be picking up a Nuvi 265 tomorrow.

Well, here is the end of the whole sorry saga.

Liked the 720 but it didn't work.

Got a 630 but it didn't work [suggested because I updated to 8.3x]

Got another 630, didn't update, but same problem: phone works until GPS and/or phone shut down, then only receives calls, cannot call out.

Called TomTom tech support who reinforced fact that Rogers and Verizon phones do not work [or only work intermittently] with TomToms.

Called Garmin who said my phone [Nokia E71] not supported.

Took 630 back, picked up another 720 [at today's NewEgg.ca price] and a Jabra speakerphone [at newegg.ca price] . . . will ignore the wireless connection on the TT [though I prefer the handsfree option . . . OK, I'll give it one more shot].

And that's where it will stay. End of story.

Its an ongoing issue with E71.
The Latest E71 firmware 210.21.006 , improved this issue somewhat but there is still a problem
I have tried this with 8.351.9982 also

Solution???

So maybe it wasn't the end of the story.

Working with version 8.300

Have not yet unwrapped the Jabra 'cause I did indeed want to give it one more shot . . . and what a shot it is turning out to be. I'm expecting to wake up in the morning with things not working,but here's what's up.

I paired the phone to the TT 720 and handsfree worked. Shut the phone off and on . . . and handsfree worked. Turned them both off and on . . . and handsfree worked. But every time I had to hit "connect" on the phone. So I went "set as authorized" and the GPS went crazy with flashing the display saying phone connected then phone disconnected, as JT noted.

So I went back to "set as unauthroized" and the thing has worked!

I'm still doing a lot of playing around . . . but this may be the workaround. Annoying to connect eery time? Yes. Worth it? Yes. I think.

I had the same issue with the 720 and E71
I have solved it this way.
Start from scracth, meaning remove the e71 from the tomtom and remove tomtom from the bluetooth device list on your e71. switch off your phone, remove the battery. Put the battery back on and start up the e71.
On the tomtom, reset it so that it with a pencil or something.

From the tomtom add the e71 as a phone, and when it asks you to go ahead and activate the Wireless Data connection go on yes. VERY IMTPORTANT now -> fom the list of phones that the tomtom displays you need to choose the nokia E65 and go ahead.

It will work, it worked for me!

Ask a Question