no valid gps signal go 910

i recived a go 910 for christmas that was bought on e-bay, worked for about 1 week and as i was leaving work, stoped at a traffic light and lost signal, down for about 5 days now, preformed a restart, then did a factory set, then did a gps quik/fix update, no luck, called support line, as soon as i said e-bay that was the end of the conversation. please help

Switch it on and tap the lower right corner of the screen, on the next page on the right near the top is a small signal strength meter for GPS reception tap that which should put you in the GPS Status screen, take the device outside away from the buildings and after 20 minutes is there any activity on the lower bar graphs either grey or blue, also top right of the GPS Status page is a small yellow/ back disk is this stationary or spinning? - Mike

What about any activity on the bar graph or the display that shows you where the birds are located in the sky, is all this still blank, if so the GPS Patch aerial inside the device is probably dead - Mike

Did you try a pin reset?

If you did and are still getting no bars (even if grey) on the GPS status screen, then like Mike said, the wire from the GPS chip to the antenna is probably dead. If you feel like you can disassemble and solder, post back as Mike's got a library of disassembly pics and instructions.

Here is how to get to the GPS aerial, its on its own PCB but I am not too sure where you could purchase a spare PCB from.

You will need a Torx bit number 6 for this job, start by removing the case, the four screws are located under the rubber pads on the devices base

The case "pod" simply removes leaving the device sat on the table

I remove the GPS Patch aerial for this as it makes the later stages a little easier, two torx number 6 screws and the daughter board will lift away from its multipole connector.

Mike

Ask a Question