No traffic info lately in Richmond, VA

I got a TomTom XXL540TM and it's been working great so far, but lately (the past week or so), the unit seems to be unable to connect for the latest traffic info. Does the unit constantly scan radio stations and simply cannot find one? I see how I can manually input a radio station frequency. Do I simply input any old radio station that has traffic info?

Try resetting the unit (hold the power button for about 10 seconds).

If that doesn't help, yeah, try the manual method.

Worked like a charm

Thanks! Can you answer my question about manually tuning the station? Do you pick just any old radio station that has a traffic update?

If you choose to do so manually, I believe you would need to tune in the particular radio station that provides RDS-TMC traffic information (Clear Channel or also referred to as Total Traffic Network). See here for city locations, radio station and their frequencies.

Note that your TomTom device looks for your radio station. If it doesn't find a radio station at the frequency you set, it automatically continues to search for the next available station.

Also, the hours of operation vary from city to city; not all give 24/7 service.

Last edited:

Ask a Question