No star (*) key on phone keypad?!

So the Euro-centric nature of this device has reared its ugly head once again.

The phone dialing keypad on the GO 510 (and presumably others) has a plus (+) key instead of a star (*) key.

Thus, I cannot dial numbers that begin with a star (*4 to check minutes, etc.) nor can I use the TomTom to enter a star when my voicemail, bank, etc. request one.

Are there any workarounds for this other than to use my phone's keypad? Kind of defeats the purpose of the whole Bluetooth interface in my opinion.

I have never tried this as I have never had to enter a * when dialing (must be a US thing!), but couldn't you just manually edit the phone contact numbers that are stored on the TT, to add a * where required?

Of course, that won't help when you have to enter it during a call, but it might for dialling *4.

BTW, I don't think that the + is used instead of a *. If you didn't have + it would not be so easy to dial numbers outside the US.

I'm thinking that the + is the * key. Its in the same place, just a suggestion.

If all fails, you can use your actual phone.
I have a moto razr and i wanted to call my voicemail. I just opened my phone and when to my voice and started to select all the options using my Razr phone pad. All the calls still went through the TomTom.

The + key does not take place of the * key. If I dial the + key, my phone displays a +, which does not have the same effect as a *.

Ever seen a dedicated + key on a US phone? Me neither. Seems like someone at TomTom forgot that the device just might be used in the US.

your right digital-flex, chicago it was, back in 1928. Thats weird i would of thought japan with the name motorola.

Ask a Question