No Spoken Street Names

I just got my xl 335s yesterday and it only will say turn left or turn right. I looked in the settings to enable the spoken street names but could not find it. Could someone please help me out?

I just got my xl 335s yesterday and it only will say turn left or turn right. I looked in the settings to enable the spoken street names but could not find it. Could someone please help me out?
Which voice "name" have you chosen?

Mandy, Bonnie, Lori and Richard (all US). that's all that is on TT. I use Mandy.
Each of those is a "non-computer" voice -- which is to say, none of them know how to turn text into speech. They have only a limited set of words and canned expressions. The "computer" voices interpret the text information about street and town names and pronounce them for you. If you don't see Susan, Dave, Kate or Simon on your unit, you need to get one loaded. The method below will work regardless of whether or not it turns out one of these voices is already loaded on your PC. If not, it will show them downloadable from TomTom at a cost of "Free".

Hook your unit up and fire up TomTom Home. With Home running, once you're done with any updates you might want to accomplish, go to the "Add Traffic, Safety Cameras, Voices, etc." menu.

Select "Voices".

Select "Computer Voices".

Pick your poison. Susan is my personal favorite.

voice problem

I just got the XL 335SE and have susan as my voice but it will say some names of the streets but then it will say turn right and turn left and not the name? Is there a way for it to say all the names? How do I fix this?

Thanks

Anita

Even a computer voice does not name the streets every time there is a direction given.

thanks

Thanks I was not sure about that.

I did have a problem with the plug. It seems real hard to put it in and take it out.

Also I updated the device. How do I add graphics for the car? Still a bit confused how this works. I am trying. Thaks

Anita

graphics

a friend of mine told me with her tom tom she was able to find graphics for the car icons. I didnt see any place to download others?

I just have the standard ones.

Thanks

Anita

You can go to "add traffic/voices/etc" in Tomtom home. One of the following screens should be car icons that you can add to the device.

Ask a Question