No splash and antitheft displayed

I downloaded new opening splash and antitheft graphics from the TomTom Home site for my XL 330, and now I don't get any graphics (not even the ones that came from the factory) for either when I power up and power down.

On a perhaps related note, I try to change my car graphic in my preferences, and while it says I changed the graphic the change never appears on the screen when I go back to the map.

Am I doing something wrong?

I should probably add that I inadvertently unplugged my unit from my computer while it was still uploading and got the red x of death. I had to reformat the unit and upload a backup to it to get it to work again. Maybe this has something to do with my problem?

Thanks.

Steve B

Last edited:
I downloaded new opening splash and antitheft graphics from the TomTom Home site for my XL 330, and now I don't get any graphics (not even the ones that came from the factory) for either when I power up and power down.

On a perhaps related note, I try to change my car graphic in my preferences, and while it says I changed the graphic the change never appears on the screen when I go back to the map.

Am I doing something wrong?

I should probably add that I inadvertently unplugged my unit from my computer while it was still uploading and got the red x of death. I had to reformat the unit and upload a backup to it to get it to work again. Maybe this has something to do with my problem?

Thanks.

Steve B

Regarding the startup graphic .... if your unit has the 4.3" wide screen (I think it does), then the proper sized graphic has to be implemented and named splashw.bmp and placed in the root folder of the unit.

antitheft graphic ..... must be proper sized, called antitheftw.bmp AND in preferences--->safety preferences--->warn when leaving car MUST be checked

car icon ....... will only be seen if map is in 3D view, not 2D view.

Ask a Question