no security code function in 125, right?

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom 125
In the One manual it says there's a way to set up a PIN using TT Home "operate my device". But for my 125 when I try to click on that it says the function is not available for my device.

I assume this means the 125 can't have security code function. Is this right?

Actually, you can. I've got a 125 and I have it with a security code. Yes, you need to operate it through TT Home, and yes, you can do that. But, firmware 8.014 is the problem. You need 8.010. If I can find the post, I'll let you know and it tells you how to do it. Or, someone else, much more knowledgeable than me might be able to give you instructions.

OK, I think this is it:

http://us.support.tomtom.com/cgi-bin/tomtom_us.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=9091&Lid=4

Although this isn't directly about installing the older version, the links at the bottom tell you how. Should you choose to do this, though, be sure you do an Explorer backup first.

Last edited:
Awesome, thank you!!

This is what I love about these forums, so much knowledge that the average person would never realize is available. The internet really makes this possible. Thanks again! :)

Ok maybe I'm just really bad with technology, but I am also having the same issue but the advice below didn't help me. After selectng the link posted below by crgator, what link did you click on the new page to direct you to downloading the older version?

Thank you!!

Follow the steps in this link.

It resolves a different issue, but uses the same solution process and lists the steps in detail.

Follow the directions in the lower part of the page very carefully to remove and then install an old version of the application. Be sure not to let TT HOME make a backup of your current application or you won't be able to roll back.

Someone on here used to keep archives of prior navcore releases but I can't seem to find it now (plus it may not have been for the ONE series).

In the One manual it says there's a way to set up a PIN using TT Home "operate my device". But for my 125 when I try to click on that it says the function is not available for my device.

I assume this means the 125 can't have security code function. Is this right?
there's been a fix since last week..if u unistall & reinstall the app you'll get a promt to download a file for the operate my one to work..hope this helps

Ask a Question