No route Planned

Just bought an Xl Live Europe (Full maps) yesterday after using my folks One on a trip to France in the past.

Trying to plan a route from Calais to Combloux but it keeps on saying no Routes found or no routes planned after calcuating the roads.

Any clues

Currently very disapointed and tempted to take it back

If I use the route planner on the web site it calculates it straight away.

Is it because Im indoors and has no signal or is there something else causing the lack of route planning

You need to use the AtoB or Advanced Planning option to force the device to plan a route from a location to a destination otherwise the unit will simply plan the route from your current position assuming it has a GPS fix.
If the trip distance is quite large make sure you are NOT using shortest route for the route profile otherwise the device might run out of memory, instead use the Fastest or avoid Motorway as appropriate - Mike

its prepare route on my xl live I assume thats the equivalent of advanced planning.

its the only way I can start from calais as far as I understand it and Im using the fastest route with toll roads allowed etc.

If the route is to complex will it fail like this, if So I guess I can plan it in sections just suprised it just doesnt say to complex or something and to replan.

tried just preparing route from calais to dijon

and dijon to Combloux

no joy at all.

sometimes now get error in planning route as its writing the instructions.

It may work when I get to France and its got a sat fix but I cant take that risk with a young family on board and a 8-10 hour drive.

If I don get this working in the next few days then Im taking it back and considering alternates even though I like the look of the XL.

Disapointed as I used my folks One 3 years ago to great affect in preparing a route before hand and while over there.

Will go outside tomorrow and try it when its got a signal but doubt thats going to fix it.

Something isn't quite right then as I have just tried the two scenarios you have given and my XL Live has planned both trips without an issue (v840 map)

Calais - Dijon 4:59 Hrs, 356 miles
Dijon - Combloux 3:02 Hrs, 198 miles

In both cases I used the city center as the departure and destination, fastest route and Toll Roads were allowed, try yours again using city center and if it still won't produce a route something is wrong with it - Mike

Got a similar responce from someone of the general forums, so looks like I have a faulty unit

Ill ring Tomtom today and see what they say but looks like Ill be taking it back to the store.

0845 161 0009 is the number you need, have you updated the device with any MapShare data as this might be responsible for the lack of routes - it has been known before to cause this but its quite rare - Mike

Thanks for the reply

Its all updated first with Latest map Guarantee then map share

It was the first thing I did after getting it home, and then I went to plan our trip to France in 3 weeks.

tried planning rotues in the UK fine, it just seems to be France but thats the reason I bought so I dont get lost on the way to the Chalet in Alps we have booked.

Going to ring them today and see what they say as I just checked my receipt and the store I bought it from have removed it from their 28 day returns policy which I didnt notice on the receipt when I bought it.

Try removing all mapshare changes from the map using Home and see if that makes a difference in the routing capabilities.

... , and then I went to plan our trip to France in 3 weeks.

tried planning rotues in the UK fine, it just seems to be France but thats the reason I bought so I dont get lost on the way to the Chalet in Alps we have booked.
Have you tried to plan the route by using HOME ?

In your parallel thread I showed you the route my 930 selected when I went A .. B.
I cannot do that for Navigate to .. because it cannot find a useful satellite near me in Toronto as applied to the European map.

Since you are concerned with getting to Combloux, rather than plan a route from Calais, have you tired to just Navigate to .., Address, Street and house number, click on UK map, click French map, type Combloux, type street name of chalet, type house number, Done

You could use City centre for your test to make it faster.

In any case, open Google maps, enter Combloux, France and you can zoom in at local roads.
You can then also click Send, click GPS, select Brand = TomTom, click Send and a window will ask you what to do with the location. You can add it to your favourites to call it up any time.

There is an additional way to make an itinerary. Open Routenoptimierung
select en or fr top right corner, type Calais at Depart and Combloux at Arrivee, tab over Arrete and click on the red Go in the box below.
It will now make an intinerary but display everything in German. You now only have to click on the box [tomtom/itn] and follow instructions on your device.

The most important part to remember is that TomTom does not go from one place to a destination, it always goes to a destination from current location.. Therefore, once you land in Calais and enter Navigate to Combloux it will calculate the map and get you there.

i have tried both navigate to from my house and via a itenerary to combloux

both on home and directly on the xl itself with no sucess

so im on hold waiting for tomtom support

Got a new replacement model after contacting tom tom and they agreed it shoul dbe working but wasnt

Went back to shop and they swapped it no problem

retried what I wanted to do in the shop before I left and its all working.
if it fails again after I get it updated (cant Link it yet due to the broke one being registered)

Ill let people know if its the maps or the map share causing the problem.

Just register the new device with a different e-mail account, it doesn't need to be an actual e-mail account just think of it as a user name that has to be in the e-mail format, for example I might use

(e-mail address removed)

No such e-mail address exists but TomTom home is quite happy to accept it! - DO NOT re-use the old e-mail address as you will have endless problems with the Live services let alone map updates etc - Mike

Register your new unit with a different email address/password at TomTom or you may find your LMG is not offered.

And make an Explorer, not Home, backup now..........

So backup the device outside of Home you mean, Ok Ill do that.

As of yet I have only taken a home backup and not updated anything else as it was planning my holiday routes fine.

I suspect I wont change anything major now until after the Trip has been successfully completed, as I think its probably mapshare that caused the problem but when I tried to backout mapshare on Home on the previous device it seem to hang and not do anything with the dialog box staying up and no idea if anything was happening.

Thanks again for the help guys.

Jamie

I suspect I wont change anything major now until after the Trip has been successfully completed,
We each have our own ways of doing things.
For a vacation I find is best to make a new POI category and make a POI for every conceivable place I may visit on that trip.
This way I do not have to follow a plan but with a few taps can always enter the next location to which I want to go.

Ask a Question