No POI's didplayed after map upgrade

No POI's displayed after map upgrade

I recently upgraded my maps to 830.2323, and none of my POI's display on the map when I am navigating (driving). However, if I browse my maps I can see them.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Thanks for the quick reponse. Checking the Categories was the first thing I did. Odd that they show up when I browse the maps, but not when I am driving. And, it's the same whether a route is selected or not. I have tried POI categories that I have added (Red Light etc.) as well as the supplied POI's.

Is there a process to delete all of the POI's and "reinstall" on mycard? I have the One New Edition, application version 7.903.

Last edited:
You may want to try a reset on your unit (hold the power on button for 15 seconds or so). If that doesn't help, download and run three times the Clear Flash tool found here

The One New edition with an SD card slot will also have a reset switch on the base of the device, you need to give this a prod with a paper clip then see what happens, holding the power switch for 15 seconds will do nothing for this device.

Don't you just love all the different devices that carry the TomTom One name - all with very subtle differences - Mike

Hi,
check if some of your custom categories is empty or corrupted. This happened to me and I needed to delete an empty custom category from the POI list on the unit. The POI the re-appeared on the map while driving.

/M

Thanks Tegel. DO you have a process for removing any custom categories? I have deleted the application and map and reinstalled both, but still no success.

You use Explorer to move to the specific map folder. Any file ending in .ov2 is a custom poi file. You simply delete that file in Explorer (and associated .bmp file if there is one).

Remember, once gone, it's gone (unless you've made a map folder backup first).

Success

I worked (via email) with TomTom support for 2 weeks and finally found a solution. Simply resetting to factory settings. They had me reinstall both the application and maps twice; add and delete custom POI's and various other reset sequences.

Ask a Question