No Motorways

Hi

I need some advise please.

This week my motorway I go home was closed and my existing sat nav kept directing me to the motorway, a normal half an hour journey took my 1.5 hours, I got most distressed and was crying all the way home and my sense of direction is dreadful at the best of times.

My plan of action is to buy a sat nav that I can enter in the settings 'no motorways', so if it is closed again, it will take the way home via normal roads, I understand not all of the new sat navs have this feature. I have tried to email Tomtom and it is saying my username is not recognised (even though it recognises my account).

I would like the new ones which tells you which street you are entering on as I think this will be a big help.

I am looking for a Sat Nav that will do the job (not necessarily the cheapest)

I would love to hear from anybody!

Many thanks

advisorchic

For all recent Tomtoms:

- You should be able to do change route / avoid street. Then you can choose the specific highway to avoid.

- Under preferences -> street name preferences, you can enable "show next street"

I have the exact same problem in reverse - tomtom always sending me round the slow backstreets and NEVER on the quicker motorway routes. All it calaculates at all times, is the shortest possible route, NEVER the quickest, which I thought was the point of IQ routes!!!

Do you have any other restrictions set in planning preferences which may cause a deviation from what would be the fastest route?

Ask a Question