NO Maps Found

OK - I'm at wits end. I have a TomTom One ver 3 US/Canada. Somehow the device crashed. I've only had it a week. No- I didn't back it up straight out of the box. Regrets now. It did not come w/ a cd. My friend also got one at the same time I did and I used his to back up mine. Still "No Maps Found". I tried a restore - no help, I tried a direct copy - no help. Any ideas? Thanks

Under preferences on the Tom Tom there is an option to select the map required. Did you select the USA Map? I downloaded the new version map the other day and had the issue of no USA map, but calling technical support highlighted that i hadn't selected the map.

sorry to jump into this thread, i have same problem, where my mate deletes all the maps trying to update my TT one. Now im searching for the maps to download on the net coz it looks like cd I've got with the tomtom has no maps on it. (I am from australia). from search of this site, google, yahoo, there is no more free downloading sites for these maps. Though i found "tomtom map 6 for australia on torrentspy, my mate tells me that not all maps work on all tomtoms :?. PLZ help

My friend also got one at the same time I did and I used his to back up mine. Still "No Maps Found"....
Maps are locked to devices, hence his map will not work with your device.

Sorry to break it to you, but if you have overwritten your map with your friends your only options are;

1) Return it to the store you bought it from, for a replacement.
2) Call TomTom and politely beg/plead for a replacement map.
3) Buy a new map .

When you have a working device again, make a complete backup using explorer!

Maps are locked to devices, hence his map will not work with your device.

Sorry to break it to you, but if you have overwritten your map with your friends your only options are;

1) Return it to the store you bought it from, for a replacement.
2) Call TomTom and politely beg/plead for a replacement map.
3) Buy a new map .

When you have a working device again, make a complete backup using explorer!

Maps are indeed tied to a specific device, but you did already pay for maps with the unit, so you can call TT support and get replacement maps posted on your account for download without begging, etc.

Support WILL do that for you, but you will probably need to upload a scan of your reciept as an attachment to a question that you can generate for this issue on your TT account. This is a good idea since if you have other data losses they will want to again see proof of purchase.

Make a backup!!!

...but you did already pay for maps with the unit, so you can call TT support and get replacement maps posted on your account for download without begging, etc.
Then you deleted those maps! I can't imagine that TT are in any way obliged to replace them (they do advise you to make a complete back-up).

Let's just hope that support are understanding. They CAN do what 3cats2many says, whether they WILL is another matter. Be nice is my advice...

Then you deleted those maps! I can't imagine that TT are in any way obliged to replace them (they do advise you to make a complete back-up).

Let's just hope that support are understanding. They CAN do what 3cats2many says, whether they WILL is another matter. Be nice is my advice...

Being nice is always a plus, no doubt. I can assure that they will repost the maps even if it was your fault for deleting them. I needed maps replaced on my 910. They will ask for the serial number of the unit as a minimum to set up the file as an automatic update. That is where the unit-specific issue comes into play. They will bury an activiation code into the file that will provide automatic background activation. If you try to upload the same map file onto a DIFFERENT unit, it will ask for the activation code, which of course is not accessible to anybody other than TT support.

The purpose behing this is to ensure only one user can use the maps.

Good luck.

Ask a Question