No Maps Found - what worked for me

I came here looking for a solution to "No Maps Found!" error on my brand-new ONE LE (or ONE New Edition as TomTom Home identified it). I didn't find it here, but I found it at fixya.com (my gratitude to jtoubia there). Here is my version of what worked. Your mileage may vary, and, you try this at your own risk.

Problem: After updating via Tom Tom Home, I lost any ability to use my ONE LE. Upon startup, it would only come back as No Maps Found! and no amount of tapping changed that, and pushing reset had no effect.

Solution:
1. Connect to your PC via the USB cable. Turn on the ONE LE. Select Yes to connect to your computer.

2. If TomTom Home is running, Exit. Your unit will still be connected as a USB device. (When I say Exit, I mean to be sure the program is not running in the System Tray of the lower right corner of your screen. If it is, right-click and choose Exit).

3. Open My Computer or Windows Explorer. Look for the mapped drive which is your TomTom. In my case, it is Drive letter I:. It will also likely have a red TomTom icon. (Make note of the drive letter for later)

4. Right-click on this drive and choose Properties. Choose the Tools Tab on the pop up window. The first section is Error-checking (in Windows XP). Click the "Check Now..." button.

In the next pop-up, check-mark "Automatically fix file-system errors", and then click the "Start" button. Wait for this to complete. It may or may not tell you that it fixed something.

When this is finished, close all the popup windows, and also close My Computer (or Windows Explorer).

5. In the System Tray (low-right), look for the Safely Remove Hardware icon. In Windows XP, it looks like a left-pointing green arrow above a gray rectangle. You may have to expand the System Tray with the << arrow to see this. Click it one time. Select the TomTom device by the drive letter (in my case, I:), when it says "Safely remove USB mass storage device - drive I:.
Once it says it is Safe to Remove, then disconnect your TomTom.

6. Turn off your TomTom. With the end of a paper clip or similar (safety pin), press down on the recessed Reset button on the bottom of your TomTom. It's a little hole just big enough for the paper clip point. You should be able to feel the "click" when you press down.

7. Turn on your TomTom. Give it time to start up. The "No Maps Found" problem will hopefully be gone for you too.

If someone else can verify that they fixed their unit with this method, we should make this posting a 'sticky'.

I'm not sure if this reply is duplicated but you will definitely find all the technical info you need

Please see my post in this thread. You are promoting a warez in this and other threads. While we know such sites exist, promotion of such sites on reputable forums like this one is most inappropriate.

Last edited by a moderator:
TomTom 910 Startup Problem

Hi,Can any one help me solve this problem.
I tried to upgrade application v8.05 and North American Map v8 but was unable to do so.I therfore restored the back up.Now when I start my tom tom it stays on till startup screen and goes off?????

can some one help me......!!!!!!

Thanks
Bimal

Hi,Can any one help me solve this problem.
I tried to upgrade application v8.05 and North American Map v8 but was unable to do so.I therfore restored the back up.Now when I start my tom tom it stays on till startup screen and goes off?????

can some one help me......!!!!!!

Thanks
Bimal

Try a pin reset.

You could try using Home to remove the application from the unit and use Home to update by downloading and installing the application again.

Sure I will try that and revert back.

thanks for all your help.

Hello,

I had the same problem and tried your technique and unfortunately it didn't work...

Anyway thanks for sharing it

This "error-checking" works for more strange behavior of your TT.
My Go 710 used to restart continiously after closing down the unit. This problem disappeared after a "error-checking session"

GO 700 - No Map Found

Looking for help with my GO 700 - was working fine until i used Tomtom Home - it said that there were updates available - these were downloaded and installed - foolishly i did not back up the data on the devise first - now when i switch on it keeps coming up with no map found even though the western europe map is still there - TT home tells me that it is 3/4 out of date but locates it on the GO.

I have tried the suggestion of error fixing as detailed earlier in this thread but problem still exists - that is explore the drive - if i use Home to remove the application from the Go700 will it replace it with a newer version again can anyone offer some help
:confused:

Last edited:

Ask a Question