No Maps Found - what worked for me

I came here looking for a solution to "No Maps Found!" error on my brand-new ONE LE (or ONE New Edition as TomTom Home identified it). I didn't find it here, but I found it at fixya.com (my gratitude to jtoubia there). Here is my version of what worked. Your mileage may vary, and, you try this at your own risk.

Problem: After updating via Tom Tom Home, I lost any ability to use my ONE LE. Upon startup, it would only come back as No Maps Found! and no amount of tapping changed that, and pushing reset had no effect.

Solution:
1. Connect to your PC via the USB cable. Turn on the ONE LE. Select Yes to connect to your computer.

2. If TomTom Home is running, Exit. Your unit will still be connected as a USB device. (When I say Exit, I mean to be sure the program is not running in the System Tray of the lower right corner of your screen. If it is, right-click and choose Exit).

3. Open My Computer or Windows Explorer. Look for the mapped drive which is your TomTom. In my case, it is Drive letter I:. It will also likely have a red TomTom icon. (Make note of the drive letter for later)

4. Right-click on this drive and choose Properties. Choose the Tools Tab on the pop up window. The first section is Error-checking (in Windows XP). Click the "Check Now..." button.

In the next pop-up, check-mark "Automatically fix file-system errors", and then click the "Start" button. Wait for this to complete. It may or may not tell you that it fixed something.

When this is finished, close all the popup windows, and also close My Computer (or Windows Explorer).

5. In the System Tray (low-right), look for the Safely Remove Hardware icon. In Windows XP, it looks like a left-pointing green arrow above a gray rectangle. You may have to expand the System Tray with the << arrow to see this. Click it one time. Select the TomTom device by the drive letter (in my case, I:), when it says "Safely remove USB mass storage device - drive I:.
Once it says it is Safe to Remove, then disconnect your TomTom.

6. Turn off your TomTom. With the end of a paper clip or similar (safety pin), press down on the recessed Reset button on the bottom of your TomTom. It's a little hole just big enough for the paper clip point. You should be able to feel the "click" when you press down.

7. Turn on your TomTom. Give it time to start up. The "No Maps Found" problem will hopefully be gone for you too.

If someone else can verify that they fixed their unit with this method, we should make this posting a 'sticky'.

Ask a Question