No maps found! after updating map on TT GO 1000

TomTom Model(s)
GO 1000, GO 910
Hi everyone!
I bought TT Go 1000 Live a month ago and it was working fine, but after updating map with MyTomTom i get "No maps found!" after switching the device on. After that MyTomTom app says that my device is up-to-date. I did reset my Go with holding power button down for 10 seconds but nothing is changing and still get no maps found message.
Is anyone here anyone know what to do in this situation? Should i take it back to the shop or rma it?

There is precious little we can offer in assistance for that model. I have heard that someone took 3 attempts before getting the map to download and install properly. If that doesn't work for you, either call at UK support: 0845 161 0009 or just return it.

Same thing happend to me on my 2505 which is the same as your European model 1005. The MyTomTom website told me that there were not updates and my TomTom was up to date but in the background it deleted my present maps and downloaded and installed the new maps. Now I would have never noticed it but then you look at the hidden icons on your lower task bar you will see that TomTom is indeed downloading maps. I did interrupt the process by accident the first time and like you I paniced and didn't see any maps but then I connected the TomTom once again and let it download the maps again. Now the maps are a lot larger than on the previous TomToms and it took over an hour to download 2.8 gigs of data then it took another 50 minutes to install the new maps. So the entire process if you don't interrupt it will take close to 2 hours. There are definitely some bugs to be worked out on how the updates are installed when the website tells you one thing and in the background it downloads the maps without you knowing it.
Very strange but that's what we get to be Beta Testers for these new TomTom models and their new and definitely not improved MyTomTom Interface. Not to worry, the will get it right eventually. It may take 6 months to a year to iron out the glitches but in the end they will get it right or at least I hope so.

almost 3 hrs to update mine & i was a fool couldnt wait hadt to go to work & needed my device so interupted the instalation oops reset plug in leave at home & go to work with my 720 instead.
I did notice though I had to open my tom tom & then click on the download update button to install the new map.

Personally I think the device worked better b4 the 2 updates, it took 10 minutes today to plan a route :confused:

Can you tell me where you planned from and what the destination was.

If the device is taking that long to plan a route and is suffering reboots on the frequency you mention in other threads I would send it back as unsuitable to be honest - Mike

Ask a Question