No maps found after update!

The pin reset curred the stuck TomTom screen. I installed fresh SD card this morning and the unit promptly installed the application software and 9 car symbols. It will not install anything else and TTHome tells me that I am up to date. Still no maps.

Still the screen says no maps found.

Is it possible to drag and drop items that I have on my computer to the SD and have them work I would like to drag and drop a pevious version of the map to the SD card.

Try "update my rider" again. Sometimes you need to go to the "no maps found" screen so that the app starts up and writes system files.

You should be able to get subscription maps downloaded in "update my RIDER".

I think the problem I have is the server times out. Every time I try to download the latest map it times out.At least that's the error I am getting. I can't restore because the last map file that was downloaded successfully and installed doesn't work.:mad:

I would love to just go back to where I was before I decided to update. I will never again backup an updated installation until I have verified that it works. That is if I get out of this jam.:mad:

Thanks for the help. I realy appreciate it.

Keep trying the download, it resumes from where it left off.

Otherwise, go to "add traffic/voices" -> tab until you see "Items on computer"

You can install one of your older maps from there.

Keep trying the download, it resumes from where it left off.

Otherwise, go to "add traffic/voices" -> tab until you see "Items on computer"

You can install one of your older maps from there.

I have found out that it does resume aand completes the download. However, it fails to install and I get an error that says the file is invalid. What's that all about? :mad:

I have not had a lot of luck with installing older versions of the map because TT Home only see the latest version. I have even tried moving the newest version to another folder with no luck. :mad:

I will keep trying, but I plan to call contact customer service tomorrow. :(

Do you have a map subscription? I'm not sure why HOME has so many map copies on your computer.
I've found that Home never deletes the old versions. For every new map update, it creates a new folder in C:\Documents and Settings\[your name]\My Documents\TomTom\HOME\Downloads\complete\map

The folders get new appended dash numbers as the OP noted in his post. e.g.,

North_America_2GB
North_America_2GB-1
North_America_2GB-2
North_America_2GB-3

etc

I'm guessing your last advice will get him back where he wants to go assuming he uses the map from the folder of the most recent complete download that he can find in the \complete\map folder.

Ask a Question