No Maps Found After Update Go Live 820

@dhn & Andy
How do you feel about making Prem our first attempt at a "3 press suicide reboot"? Unit seems properly bricked, and that's where it might play. Can't hurt, and might very well help?

A bit late in the day for a reply, but YES, I think he should try it.

(Isn't the benefit of hindsight wonderful! :D)

Thank You once again!!!! :D
You're very welcome. We've been waiting around for the right first person to pull that trick out of our hat. It is certainly going to be fairly rare that procedure is needed, but it appears that TomTom devised this method for storing the original factory firmware image so that it can be brought up again - just in case a unit was in such sorry shape that nothing else would do.

It does, of course, put the user back in time to whatever firmware was loaded on the unit the day it was manufactured, but at least that provides the ability to move forward again. It's a small (but useful) concession to the fact that they've locked down the file systems on these newer units such that we can't do it the way we once did.

Thank You once again!!!! :D
You're very welcome. We've been waiting around for the right first person to pull that trick out of our hat. It is certainly going to be fairly rare that procedure is needed, but it appears that TomTom devised this method for storing the original factory firmware image so that it can be brought up again - just in case a unit was in such sorry shape that nothing else would do.

It does, of course, put the user back in time to whatever firmware was loaded on the unit the day it was manufactured, but at least that provides the ability to move forward again. It's a small (but useful) concession to the fact that they've locked down the file systems on these newer units such that we can't do it the way we once did.

Indeed, I'm glad i was that person :roll:

I understand this is a last resort, but as you gathered my device was completely useless, just happy a feature like this was avaliable.

I contacted CS today, just to tell them about the fix applied, supplied by you guys, here's the response:

Dear Prem,

A very well done, I must say. This isn't a process that we usually advise as it can cause further issues with one's TomTom if no flash instrument is to hand if needed, but it is great to hear that it has worked for you! Please let me know if you require anything else from me at all, I will be more than happy to help.

With Kind Regards and enjoy your day,

The TomTom Customer Care Team

Not sure what the reply refers to by 'can cause further issues ..........'

If the alternative is to return the unit to TomTom anyway, I don't see a down side in circumstances such as yours.

Exactly mate, ah well - My Device Works :lol: So glad i did it and even if it "caused further issues" i would have been in the same boat as you say!

This procedure doesn't put you to factory software. It erases the device application and then puts the device on one software version older. (which is 11.030 since the latest is 11.031). Then MyTomtom will offer the latest application for reinstall again. The main value of the process is the erase/replace of the application.

This procedure doesn't put you to factory software. It erases the device application and then puts the device on one software version older. (which is 11.030 since the latest is 11.031).
Ah, that was dumb. I forgot that there was an interim 11.030 release. Had it not been for that, users would have been bounced back to their original 10.5XX code as shipped. For those users that had plugged in and received the interim 11.030 update, it would be a very small drop back indeed.

I still don't have my brain wrapped around what the 'real world' is seeing out there for version numbers.

"no maps found" on my TT One IQ Routes

Hello,
I am new to forums so I am not sure that I am posting this in the right one.
My problems started when I tried to update my TT.One IQ routes.
I got a message telling me that I did not have enough disk space to continue and aborted the update. I then updated on another computer. The TomTom Home screen told me that this was successful.
when I booted up the TT I got the "no maps found" screen.
I then tried a "soft" reboot. It did not work( I have since tried this about twenty times without success).
When I check TT Home it tells me the UK maps are there also I can use them with "operate my device".
I have deleted maps with both TT Home and IE and re-installed them, still "no maps"
I found this thread and saw that a "suicide reboot" did the trick. My problem is if I can't do a soft reboot how could I do the suicide one?
I think if could reboot it may work.
Any ideas most welcome

You don't have the right unit to do that kind of reboot. That exists only on the newer units that do not use Home as the user interface. You've started another thread for this topic already, and I'll address your issues there.

RZ94qu9.png

Digging up an old thread, but thanks to the info here, I was able to recover my VIA 1535 from the dreaded "No maps found" error after (final) update. Nothing else I tried/found elsewhere worked, but the "3 press suicide reboot" did.

Ask a Question