No maps after update to Go910

and under maps there is Canary islands, North america and Western europa, and now it is saying in RED This element needs to be activated before i can use it

We need you to answer the specific questions, please.

What MAPS on the device? What MAPS on the computer??

When i look at the file on the computer they are the same as the once on the 910 when opening it on the purple box.

this is the same message i got the first time i conected the unit, ? does that mean that have now been triked to download a file that did mess it all up ? or can TOM TOM send me a activating code ? or do i have this on my orginal books that it came in ?

---

Any hope for me in trying to fiks this ?
Cant remember, but is the activating code still on the boxes or was this just on a note when first started to use it ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if you did this, but the cache needs to be emptied before you try to re-download.

Also, just had another thought... new maps will only be seen if your software is also up to date. What software version are you running?
See here for details on finding your version numbers:
How to find the version numbers of your maps and software

i have Versjon 7.903, and i cant get any info up on maps as there is no map. showing, just green, background, but now the GPS pos is correct. that did not show yesterday, so maybe the GPS fix file i loaded today fils that.

OK at least v7.903 is the latest for that model.

I think maybe what canderson was asking above, where he said
What MAPS on the device? What MAPS on the computer??

...was for you to look in HOME, in "Manage my Go", on the two tabs "items on device" and "install items from computer".

i did get the new map loaded into my 910 but now it wants to have activiation code. and that i do not have.
Its a pitty that the TomTom page tells/or gives you a map to update along with all others, and it is a misstake, it F... up my 910 so now i cant use it ,
i dont have a activation code. but now the new map is in there.

i will try that later today, and thanks for still trying to fixe this, but i think its a lost case, as the device is asking for a "product code/activation code." but i will try later.

i will try that later today, and thanks for still trying to fixe this, but i think its a lost case, as the device is asking for a "product code/activation code." but i will try later.

That is one of the situations where TomTom specifically recommend the "ClearFlash" utility.

If that fails, have you considered contacting TT customer services to ask what is going on and how they intend sorting it out?
Even though the device is old, the map purchase is not. So they are responsible for sorting it out.

Ask a Question