No map for my location

Hello. I recently received a TomTom GO 630 as a gift, however, I am stationed (US NAVY) in Japan and TomTom does appear to have any maps for me.
My question is...am I able to use a Garmin map or ANYTHING (any other 3rd party map) at all on my TomTom, or do I tell my parents, Thank you, but I can't use it!!!

R/
Frustrated in Japan

To save your parent's money during this downturn global economy, just return the device. There is no reason to keep it when you it's no use.

I have never heard of maps other that NA and European (maybe some of the Canary Islands at one time) in general for TT units. You could check with TT.com support but I think it will be without a positive result. Perhaps someone else has another idea.

Keep up the good work serving the nation.

Looks as if you are out of luck unfortunately.:(

It would appear that you will have to wait until you are posted to the USA or to Europe before you can use it.

If you have a PDA then Oziexplorer can be used as there are maps of Japan available. Not sure how good it is as a navigation tool though.

Cheers,

Ask a Question