no GPS signal

I think tomorrow I will go out and I'll buy a garmin. I work all day on the road and the navigator for me is essential. Having this kind of issues is very sad for a company named tomtom.....

TomTom have advised us they are experiencing a small technical issue on the network which may affect a number of devices not receiving a GPS signal due to it being a leap year.
[FONT=&quot]They have released a software fix which is available via MyTomTom.[/FONT]

Not all PRO devices are affected by this however I recommend doing the update and following these steps.

[FONT=&quot]Our advice is to:[/FONT]

·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Turn off the PRO unit[/FONT]
·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Hold the on/off button down for 30 seconds (the screen will turn black with small white writing on it)[/FONT]
·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Leave it on this screen for 30 seconds[/FONT]
·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]The unit will turn off, and after 30 seconds restart the unit as normal[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Please not that if you are using a PRO 9100 your device must be placed into the docking cradle before you carry out these steps.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The solution for a WEBFLEET Subscriber is as follows:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
With LINK 300/310 installed you can use the GPS receiver of the LINK by following these steps:

- Turn off the PRO unit
- Press the screen
- Work
- Scroll left 1 page
- Settings
- Use LINK GPS

TomTom have advised that they are working on an immediate solution to resolve this issue and apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.

As of 5 April, TomTom says on their own web site that they now have things set up so that the fix will automatically be applied to your device when you connect your GPS to your computer and use MyTomTom to log on to TomTom support.

They also say that you will still need to do a drum-beat reboot afterward (possibly more than once), and they suggest that you do so outdoors to get stronger satellite signals.

With best wishes,
- Tom -

YCan you picture what it would be like if they had to cue up special Nav3 jobs on their server for every Nav3 device in the field ....

...Perhaps this is some sort of Karmic payback for shutting us out of the file system. On a Nav2 device, our users here would be back in operation by now with a few simple file deletions on the unit and the PC.

I'm beginning to wonder if it would have been cheaper in the long run for them to have paid whatever ridiculous price Microsoft were asking to continue using the old filesystem!

Just think of the improvements they could have made to NAV2 by now (or to their bank balance) if they hadn't had to spend millions trying to re-invent the wheel with NAV3.

But then there was the hacked maps/software problem for Nav2 devices.
That was only possible due to a weakness in the Nav2 firmware that allowed it to be tweaked. That problem could have been addressed separately (and creatively).

Glad you were able to solve the problem, Soupdragon; thanks for the feedback!

I have a 2505 TM. I didn't have the GPS lose, but I did the latest update a couple a days ago which I guess had the fix. Since that update I have trouble powering up the my Tomtom and most of the time this results in a drum roll reset. This is kind of annoying because it takes a long time before I can use my device. Anyone else experience this problem since the update?

Ask a Question