No furthr use for Tom Tom maps - can they be sold?

Hi,

I live in Australia and recently bought a TomTom GO 750 to take with me on a trip to the UK. I also bought the English maps from TomTom. The trip is now finished and I'm back in Australia. It's highly unlikely that I'll ever return to the UK,,,,,,,as in, you can pick your friends but you can't pick your family :mad:;)

Is it possible to remove the UK maps from the TomTom and sell the maps as a package, e.g. on a CD or via a download to somebody else?. NOTE - this is not an attempt at copying or hacking. I have no further use for these UK maps and it's a shame to simply delete them from the GPS after paying AUD140.00 for them.

Thanks,

Bilbo

The maps you download for your unit are keyed to your specific serial number -- so no, unless you sold your 750 with the maps, there would be no way to transfer them to anyone else's unit.

Thanks for the quick reply. It's a shame to throw them in the garbage - but that's where they're going.:(:rolleyes:

B

Thanks for the quick reply. It's a shame to throw them in the garbage - but that's where they're going.:(:rolleyes:

B
The only maps that could be shuffled around were those on SD card that were keyed to the card.

The whole map thing, while a revenue generator for GPS manufacturers, can create problems for users with legitimate problems such as yours. Also be certain that you back up your entire unit to your PC. Two years down the road, if your maps accidentally get wiped off your unit, TomTom may not be in a position to re-supply you with an original that old, and usually won't provide a newer one.

Ask a Question