No food or walmart for me

TomTom Model(s)
930T and XXL
Maybe I am doing something wrong but I loaded the following
Hardees, Taco Bell, Walmart, Wendys, Radio Shack but if TomTom is to believed there are none of these businesses here. I cannot ascertain what I am doing incorrectly.

unzipped the file then copied those contents to North American file on the tom tom.

Looks like they are in the correct file. Have you tried going to preference, disable and enable POI and checking to see if they are listed there?

The icons show and some sites not local. Perhaps it is just that our area is not included in the data bases that are used to create the POI.

I'll try to update the POI to see if somehow there were area's missed in my original creation of the POI.

Sometimes our database collection methods are not 100% accurate, but when you report errors to us like this we can go back and correct the file :)

Aren't you nice. Is there a program that would allow me to open a POI and look at the information contained. As I said if I did everything correctly, and I am the one who can err , trust me, it seems that nothing shows up but I will keep checking.

drledger, did you try the Walmart file I updated last night with TN locations? Please download that one and report back if you can. As for opening a POI file, you can use PoiEdit. Thanks.

Yes I downloaded it this morning and installed it. I will keep learning about the unit etc. Perhpas I am just overlooking something in the loading or in the operation. I looked up the coordinates for my area and there are no listing s in the neighborhood. We have been beamed up Scotty;.

Last edited:
loading POI's

Be careful you do not do what I first did. If you load the zip file into the North Am. directory and instruct it to unzip - it often creates sub-directories - which will not open with the TT. Make sure the un-zipped files are in the target directory and not a sub-directory.

Went back to make sure that is not what I did and fortunately I did not. I looked at the Walmarts listed and they show but just none nearby.

Ask a Question