no Country drop-down menu

TomTom Model(s)
GO910
My GO910 TomTom has "locked" on to Portugal and the USA. The TomTom has been to Portugal in recent months but NOT the USA. Normally when selecting an address or postcode (e.g. when re-setting Home), a drop-down menu appears in the top right-hand corner of the screen with a list of countries This is not happening now. Anyone know why? I have tried the reset twice but no change, also syncing with my PC, no change. Any ideas please?
:confused:

I got satellites connecting but cannot set my Home address or locate current position. I did back-ups and syncing too.

When you say you did backups, was this BEFORE you had the problem?

If so, make another backup of the unit in it's current state and then simply restore one of the previous ones. What happens then?

May be a silly thing ... but do you suppose the OP's unit is currently configured for the North America map instead of Europe? Just thinking about the specific symptoms I'm hearing...

Manage maps, or
Switch maps?

Possible... I'm just a bit confused by the "US and Portugal" thing....

Me too. Unless that's the only option he has for the North America and W Europe maps, respectively, when he switches between them. Hoping Sea Bee returns with details soon.

The version of the software running on your device. If you tap the bottom right of the status bar, the next screen shows shows the app version on the right side. If you tap the version number, the following screen shows the map version installed.

When you say you did backups, was this BEFORE you had the problem?

If so, make another backup of the unit in it's current state and then simply restore one of the previous ones. What happens then?
Yes, I did back ups before the problem started.. I am now doing as per your suggestion - backing up and then restoring.. let's see what happens.

OK, but will an old map be causing these problems? I dont see how but open to suggestions... Thanks.

Ask a Question