No Colleges in POI

I talked a friend into buying a ONE on Tuesday and today he wants help in finding Lasalle University in Philadelphia. The POI for Colleges/Universities only shows Daycare Centers. ????? No matter what town we go to.

Any quick fix?

I talked a friend into buying a ONE on Tuesday and today he wants help in finding Lasalle University in Philadelphia. The POI for Colleges/Universities only shows Daycare Centers. ????? No matter what town we go to.

Any quick fix?

I'm sure Lasalle is in your POIs you just need to find it. I just checked my ONE XL and its in there listed as "La salle university" and "LaSalle university".

Go to search by city in your POIs, then search Philly. Then in POI category type in university. When you click on college/university Lasalle should be one of the top ones.

Good Luck

Any quick fix?

I quickly disabled that POI for the same reason. Maybe there are some real colleges in there but the fact that it has *any* day care centers let alone *tons* of them is reason enough to not use it.

I'll give you a good tip though: Never rely on the built-in POIs. They are just not always that accurate. They are handy if you are away from home and need a lead. Otherwise, your best bet is to plan ahead - I always reality check POIs by finding my destination on a real map so that I can drop a custom POI or a favorite on the actual destination.

Continuing Issue with all V6.56 POI

I spent two hours on the phone today with TT but could not do anything because of my work LAN. I am not at all impressed with TT helpline. I had to go to a higher level of service tech to find out that my LAN is restricting the program activity for tomtom home. So I had to go home and work from there.

Anyway - I found another friend with V6.56 with the same POI problem. My V6.50 ONE has the correct POI. So TT has released a ton of these into the market. I physically have 3 units to correct.,

:mad:

The mapversion with this problem is v675.1409

Anyway, at home all I could do was update the application from the v6.56 to v7.12. NOthing changed on the POI or map. It was late and no telephone help was available.

Ask a Question