No charging light, but charges fine

TomTom Model(s)
XXL 540 WTE, Via 1505, XXL TM
Just the reverse of the usual complaint. I have an XL, newer black face model. Works fabulously except ... the charging light does not come on and it looks like it is not even there. I assume the green LED was mistakenly pushed back into the unit somehow leaving a small round hole. I can't see that it is even glowing on inside the case anywhere. My gut is to just seal the hole with a small dab of black liquid plastic and move on. Battery holds a charge, newer ~ 875 maps and it's ready to work or vacation or whatever. You can monitor battery status from the touch screen. In all the units I have seen, I have never seen this.

Where abouts are you looking for the LED and seeing the hole?

My XL LIVE IQ Routes Edition has a charging LED on the bottom edge (about 2cm to the right of the USB port when looking at it with the screen upwards).

But there's no "hole" as such, just a clear area on the bottom label and that's square with rounded corners, not round.

Actually - just to the right of the mini usb port, there is a hole where the green charging LED should be. I've always thought the green light was square but that might just be the hole in the sticker. There is definitely no led there. Not come across that before. Even if it had stopped working, it should still be there.

OP Wipes egg off face. it's a 310 Canada - round hole is a reset button no charging LED.

It's NOT a "310 Canada"...
That text on the base is just to say the device has passed a particular Canadian telecoms interference regulation. You'll find many different TomTom models all say Canada 310 on the label.
For anoraks only... there's more details than you could ever want about "Canada 310" here.

The only way to find the proper model name is to:
1. read the name on the box it came in
2. enter the first two characters of the SERIAL number (the one next to the barcode) into the product finder here(US site) or here (UK site).
I think you always get the same answer, but it's probably best to use the right site.

Ask a Question