No Capitalization?

TomTom Model(s)
Via 1350
I recently found a BRAND NEW TomTom Via 1350 at my local Goodwill store here in Southern New Mexico for $49.95. (They get new goods from Target and resell them.) Previously, I had a Garmin NUVI 205W.

Since I was going to have to upgrade the maps on the Garmin, I bought the TomTom since it has bluetooth technology and I can pair my cell phone, AND it has lifetime map upgrades.

I suppose this is because I'm a retired teacher, but it "bugs" me how titles are displayed.

For example:

Jornada veterinary clinic

instead of

Jornada Veterinary Clinic

Garmin doesn't do that. Why can't TomTom use "correct capitalization?" :confused:

I'm certainly not going to go in and edit a zillion sites, but in my opinion someone could have "fixed" this when they wrote the software program. :sad:

Yes, it's odd. The menu button descriptions look a bit odd for the same reason. That said, it'll get you where you're going, even if you're 'case sensitive' :rolleyes:

Shouldn't take any edit to the data - if and when they come to grips with the fact that those names are indeed titles it would be merely a SMOP to present them in the correct form.

No, that doesn't work, mate... at least it doesn't for us when WE try to make new POI files.

POI names have always been like that, and I have never managed to make any character but the first one in a POI name a Capital letter.
For example, my "DIY Shops" (it stands for "Do-it-Yourself" if that's a UK-only phrase) always looks like "Diy" even if I put spaces, dots or anything else I can think of into the file name.

Members online

Latest resources

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J0ey2024

Latest Threads

Back