No audio alert for radar

I live in France and have the Western Europe map installed. Whenever I approach a radar, I have a visual alert but not the audio alert. In preferences I verifiied that Radar is checked in Show POI category on map, that Sound is turned on, and that Radar TomTom is checked in Warn when near POI.
I did notice that the Radar is always listed as Radar BE. Does that mean Belgium? Do I need to find and install a file like Radar FR? If so, how? I use a Mac. Thanks.

If you have a look in your Western_Europe map folder you should find the following three files:

Radar_FR_TomTom.ov2
Radar_FR_TomTom.ov2.dct
Radar_FR_TomTom0v2.ver

ith these in place go to TomTom Plus services/ Safety Cameras and configure the camera settings, TomTom Safety camera warnings are no longer activated by the Change Preferences/ Manage POI/ Warn When Near POI - Mike

I found the three files in the Western Europe folder, and went to TomTom Plus Services / Safety Cameras but do not see where or how to configure the camera settings. Also the page opens to South Africa. Should I go toggle to France or USA? Then what? Thanks.

Which map have you currently got set as the current map? I am confused by the mention of an SA map have you got that installed on the device? - Mike

Sorry for the confusion. I only have the Western Europe map installed on the device. When I did a google search for "TomTom plus services/safety cameras" it took me to the SA page for TomTom Plus services. I have since used the scroll button on that site to change countries.

My problem is that I still don't know how to use TomTom plus services to configure the camera settings. When I drive in France and approach a radar, a visual warning appears on the screen (an icon flashing on the top left), but there is not audio warning. Since the visual warning works, it seems that the FR radar is installed. When I go to Preferences on the device, I only see Radar BE listed. Why is that the only one listed? Any ideas how to get the audio warning to work for FR radars?

You did not reply to my last message. Will you be able to help? I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

Ask a Question