No Alternate Routes Found?

TomTom Model(s)
ONE 3rd, GO 720
This was a new one on me:

Today while waiting in a drive-through line, I set a destination back to work to get an approximate ETA. After the usual wait (paying, receiving drinks, food, condiments--all separate transactions...), I inched toward the street. Then while waiting for the cross-street's light to change, my TomTom pipes up with something like:

"Your arrival time is thirteen eighteen. No alternate routes found."

So, where'd this message come from?? The car was still in the parking lot & not in motion at the time, but a number of minutes had passed since the destination had been set. I don't think it recalculated the route.

I'm stumped. :confused:

I consider myself a "power-user" -- lots of TT customizations, 3rd-party apps, schemes, POIs, icons & images. And as a delivery driver, I rely on my Go 720, daily, for directions & routing, but I've never had it respond like this (including last week when I set a destination from the same fast food joint back to work). Evar.

Go 720
NavCore 8.30
NA 2GB 810.1907
IQ Routing & ALG activated.

Last edited:
Ricochet.....

When you dl firmware 8.3, did you not notice teesy weensy person you also dl and installed in your unit? Guess not.... :D

Seriously...

New 'functionality' in firmware 8.3. You'll also experience it if you plan a route selecting 'fastest'. You can demo the route (less than 300% to hear the computer voice) and, at the end, you'll hear essentally the same thing but "there are no fastest routes".

Since computer voices can verbalize warnings and poi's... they seem to be also able to verbalize the amount of time left.

Or......maybe........it IS a teensy weensy .... ah, never mind. ;)

Or......maybe........it IS a teensy weensy .... ah, never mind. ;)
Ha ha!

Trying to remember when I grabbed 8.30... It was probably the second day it'd been available ...early November-ish? I'm pretty certain I've been using it for at least one month & I haven't messed with any related preferences since then.

Anyway, not complaining, but this was new.

Ha ha!

Trying to remember when I grabbed 8.30... It was probably the second day it'd been available ...early November-ish? I'm pretty certain I've been using it for at least one month & I haven't messed with any related preferences since then.

Anyway, not complaining, but this was new.

Yea I haven't heard this message up until last week when I was in Tallahassee. I got it at least 6 times last week. I'm glad that the TomTom is at least trying to look for better routes :)

Ask a Question