Night colours linked to headlights

TomTom Model(s)
One
:confused: I somehow got my night colours set to be connected to my headlights. No idea how, but now when I try to use them, I get "! Link night view to headlights" Any idea how to get rid of that? Nothing mentioned in the help pdf or anything.

Thanks!

I don't have my go with me but I believe its under your preference menu and select docking preference or brightness preference.

That is strange, I don't see that option for the ONE?

I woult try to restore back to default (one of the options in under Change Preferences), but remeber it will delete all your favourites and I think your POI's so just remember to back up the neccessary files.

This option appeared during my problems with the 7.12 upgrade. I had a brick for about 3 days when it wouldn't take a backup. I had to format the unit and manually copy the files on to the unit to get it working.

The funny thing is, my backup directory is called GO instead of ONE.

I now have the 7.13 upgrade and it is fine... other than this. I will try clearing it off again and will let you know what happens.

Thanks for the advice!

James

I am super confused. I have never seen this option before. I have a ONE V4 with the most updated everything.

Can someone give me a guide on EXACTLY how to get to this option (if it is even available for my model)

Thanks!

Last edited:
That is why it was an issue. It is not a feature for the One, but the GO. Somehow, my One got flashed with the GO software that has a docking option. That is where I set it. However, it obviously doesn't work, as there is no docking of the One. It was kinda weird to say the least.

Maybe I'm missing something here... but I have a 700 and a 720 and I don't see how they would be able to tell if the headlights are on or not?

What am I missing?

The headlights option doesn't work. It was ment to be used with the Carkit accessory that never made production.

When I did the backup, it was still set. I had to set the factory defaults from the unit itself to get it removed.

The headlights option doesn't work. It was ment to be used with the Carkit accessory that never made production.

My 720 has the ambient light sensor in it that will auto-adjust day/night colors and brightness and it works very well. I don't see a need to link it to headlights.

If you did not upgrade to the desktop version 2.0, you can connect to your TomTom and THEN go to change preferences and you will see it in there. You must connect the TomTom to the computer to see the option.

Ask a Question