Nice! TomTom shipped viruses on its navigation devices

Good point. I actually saw it months ago in a different forum, and sort of forgot about it. I'm a relatively new moderator... go easy on me. :)

You are correct, as a quick search with the term 'virus' turns up a couple of threads...

I also heard about this. Im glad this didn't happen to mine. I believe this is happening with recent users.

Virus

Hey anything that gets hooked to a computor can get a virus! It could also have been ones problem because he is useing a computor that has a virus himself. That's why they called it virus you can catch it from someone and give it to someone keep your computor virus free expecially before you connect your TT and before sending friends something.
P.S. and yes when someone reads somthing like that please do give a heads up!

Giorgio

yeah I just got my 910 last week and I've been all over the net gathering info about this device.

You know how it is when you get a new toy...:)

Later,
Aaron

My TomTom has the flu

It appears that new units containing the viruses are still being sold. I just bought my 910 at a Best Buy in Phoenix on Saturday. Finally got around to installing TomTom Home today, and :eek: Bam :eek:

My AV quarantined copy.exe, but host.exe and autorun.inf are still on the drive. Does anyone know if I can just simply delete these two files?

It appears that new units containing the viruses are still being sold. I just bought my 910 at a Best Buy in Phoenix on Saturday. Finally got around to installing TomTom Home today, and :eek: Bam :eek:

My AV quarantined copy.exe, but host.exe and autorun.inf are still on the drive. Does anyone know if I can just simply delete these two files?

Maybe these two threads can help you out, here and here.

Although TomTom admitted it on this instance, the other thing to consider if you get virus warnings when syncing your TomTom is that it could simply be a false positive. I've had Symantec/Norton warn me about a virus when I've connected my Creative Zen Portable Media Center, Palm device, and even a digital camera to my computer. All of these were, of course, false positives, and a quick check on the Symantec website verified that.

When I first started hearing rumors about TomToms and viruses I just assumed they would be false positives. I am rather surprised it turns out to be the real deal. That's embarrassing for TomTom.

Ask a Question