Next street issue, and street numbers instead of names

Has anyone hacked the unit to make it be able to able to display the entire name of the street rather than just "CA82"? I know when you approach the street it ends up showing it, but in directions, it is using all the numbers of roads that I don't know the names of. It makes it really hard to use. I imagine that since it calls for it at that point when it's turning on to the street, that there is a way for us to get into it and make it call for it all the other times?

Maybe there's a firmware that allows for me to see the whole name at all times? I am hoping so....because it's nearly impossible for me to use it this way. I live in California and almost every road here is coming up by a number.

Also, is there any firmware update or downgrade that will allow me to see the actual next street, and not the next "major" street? I don't need to know that eight streets down I will turn on CA82. I need to know the name of the next street I am actually going to turn on...

L

Totally messed up

Now while driving, it is showing the wrong current street name at the bottom. And it's not showing any next street up at the top. Yes, I have it set to show "next road".

:(

L

Ask a Question