Newbie's question - Middle East Maps

Hello everyone,

I just bought my first ever navigator (Tomtom GO 520). I live in Saudi Arabia and unfortunately the Middle East Maps are not available on Tomtom.
However it is indeed available at Garmin's. Is it possible to purchace the Garmin CD and install it on my Tomtom?
I thought of asking you before i buy it, as I think it could not be compatible with the Tomtom softaware.
In case it's not is there other solution??

Thank you all

Mohamed

Hello everyone,

I just bought my first ever navigator (Tomtom GO 520). I live in Saudi Arabia and unfortunately the Middle East Maps are not available on Tomtom.
However it is indeed available at Garmin's. Is it possible to purchace the Garmin CD and install it on my Tomtom?
I thought of asking you before i buy it, as I think it could not be compatible with the Tomtom softaware.
In case it's not is there other solution??

Thank you all

Mohamed

Welcome.

Sorry, but the maps from different suppliers do not work with TomTom models. My only suggestion is to return the unit and buy a Garmin that does provide the map.

That would have been nice. I feel stupid now :( The problem is that i bought it last week from London's Duty Free. Obviously I can't travel back there.

Perhaps I should keep it and use it whenever i go to Europe in hope of one day they will release the Middle East Maps

Ask a Question