Newbie with TOMTOM Go700

Hello everyone,

i just got mine new tomtom go 700 and am wondering how to update the to the new software version and get the new map.

according to tomtom's website my current map is not up to date, but in order to get the updated map, i need to send a letter to the Europe's HQ??

If you bought your GO 300/500/700 after 1st March 2006 and don?t have a Map Voucher you are entitled to request one before the 28th of February 2007. You need to provide us with proof of purchase for your TomTom device, then we can send you a Map Voucher by email. Please send a copy of your proof of purchase and the following information:

* First Name
* Surname
* Address
* Zip / Postal Code
* City
* Country
* Phone
* Email

Send all this to us here:

TomTom International
Map Promo Code
Rembrandtplein 35
1017 CT Amsterdam
The Netherlands

Note;
All proofs of purchase will be individually checked and registered. Please allow us 5 weeks to return the Map Voucher by email.

My questions:

1) is there a way to check what software version it's got right now?

2) anyway to download the free map?

Thanks!

Hello and welcome!

1) Yes there is a way to check to see what version your TomTom is. click on the bottom right corner of your tomtom it display the version you have.

What you can also do is connect your unit to TomTom Home, it automatically opens and checks for updates. If a new application is available, it is listed on the next screen. Make sure the new application is selected, then click OK to download. If TT Home doesn't automatically detect for an update, you have to click 'Download your updates' located on the left side under Option in TT Home.

2) Currently there is no way to download the fee map. All maps are being shipped to users who qualify. Since the new map update if for GO 510, 710, 910 and ONE users. Since you just bought your GO 700, you would have to send that letter to TomTom.

Thanks for the info!!

just used It to take the family out for lunch and really enjoyed the device.

Another quick question though, is it possible to have TOMTOM just show where i am without route plan? I tried Clear Route and i'm not sure if that is the correct way to do this or not. thanks again!!

BTW: the map of the Dallas area is quiet accurate despite many negative reviews that i have seen on amazon.com

Ask a Question